What's new

This has bad written all over it...

Urgh, they just make the faces look flat and featureless. And as for the pink eye shadow; yeah, I'm sure all girls want to look like a "lady of the night" in their photos! Neat and fun idea, but not much real use.
 
I agree with Forkie, especially with the last photo. These are not models and what wrong with a few wrinkles?
 
Photo touch-up of portraits has been done since forever, so the concept is nothing new and considered standard practice for most successful portrait photographers. The trick and the skill however is in staying on this side of the line between possibly natural and definitely phony and photoshopped in terms of appearance.

The examples from that camera have crossed the line.

skieur
 
Well this technology doesn't look great on the examples it might get better over time.
 
I'm all for retouching, but this is almost as bad as that "glitz photography" used in toddler beauty pageants. Just not flattering.
 
The examples from that camera have crossed the line.

skieur

OVER THE LINE!!!

overline.jpg
 
Wait, how is that different from cosmetic make-ups and all those wrinkle lotion and facial mask and anti-aging cream? This one is far more cost effective!

Those sample photos they have chosen are rather creepy.
 
Wait, how is that different from cosmetic make-ups and all those wrinkle lotion and facial mask and anti-aging cream? This one is far more cost effective!

Those sample photos they have chosen are rather creepy.

I have no problem with photos being Photoshopped, wrinkles removed, butts squeezed, etc. I just don't think this camera does it very well and can't see it ever being done very well automatically, on-board the camera.
 
I have no problem with photos being Photoshopped, wrinkles removed, butts squeezed, etc. I just don't think this camera does it very well and can't see it ever being done very well automatically, on-board the camera.

I definitely agree, touch-ups are something that needs to done carefully with a human eye as to not be overdone as these have been. Every face is going to need something different and at a different level. I don't think that there can just be a universal algorithm for re-touching that will make everyone look better any more than there is a universal algorithm for setting exposure automatically, that's why most experienced photographers use manual mode.

One thing that I will say though is that the face recognition on my gf's p&s actually kinda impressed me. It is fairly accurate at picking out faces and exposing for them, but it's not that great at exposing for a scene. I still don't think that a computer can know what "looks good", especially since even that is different from one viewer to the next. "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." There may be someone out there that thinks yellow teeth and wrinkles look good. I would probably even take it over looking fake like those, especially the last one.
 
oh sweet... my workflow will be shorten by half! :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom