This has to be my photograph (I own the rights to it as professional material)?

addicted2glass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you have an image, and it is of you and looks great and the photo has been taken with your camera, It is certainly yours!

Even when your significant other was holding the camera and pressing the shutter release - right?

I'd say your SO owns the rights.

No.

The person who took the photo owns it. It doesn't matter who's camera they used.

If it is your significant other, I'm sure they wouldn't mind you using it though.

If you set up everything on the camera and all they did is press the button (a human remote, basically), things might be different. I'm not really sure...
I would think that if they were hand-holding the camera (and thus, framing the shot however they felt best) that would automatically rule out you 'setting everything up' though.

To be safe, I would just assume that the person who took it owns it, no matter what.

What if it doesn't "look great"?? What happens then?
Let's not beat around the bush here.....lol What are we talking about? Does someone have nude shots of you? :sexywink:

Last edited:
If you have an image, and it is of you and looks great and the photo has been taken with your camera, It is certainly yours!

Even when your significant other was holding the camera and pressing the shutter release - right?
Nope! Amateur or professional.

Here in the US, even if you set up the camera and stage the shot, but someone else releases the shutter, whoever released the shutter owns the copyright.

However, whoever publishes that photo for a commercial purpose would be well advised to have your signature on a properly executed model release.

If the photo is displayed as a print, on a personl web page, or in an editorial context like for sale as an art print or digital file, the publisher of the photo doen't need your permission.

Note: The publisher of the photo can also be the copyright owner of the photo.

Last edited:
If it were a nude I think I would get a response but I doubt if the majority of the reply would be from women.
It is a bit obvious how the different genders are wired if we look at the magazines covers.
Its already know it is a self portrait
I guess depending on the quality of the image there is an option or at least a short time window to cry "tripod and remote shutter release" or "my significant other took that one with my camera."

eek.gif

Good luck with this one

just that the background and the color came out so nice along with the composition. Maybe I am just seeing the world through a f 1:2 lens for the first time?
I made such a big deal about this now - I can be the next upcoming runway hat model?

6711140_orig.jpg

It would be better if his eyes were in focus and not the tip of his nose. Just because you can shoot at 1.2 doesn't always mean you should.

I guess I miss a window of opportunity to say yes the photo is explicit and could not be uploaded.

After all I was building up to I was a bit distracted myself.

Like comparing the sound of clear as crystal FETs through a 5 piece digital amplifier to a stereo tube amp If any one here is old enough to have heard one or can remember what they sound like - The rarely appreciated (perhaps because it was the only technology we had at the time) the distortion of a tube amp had a warmth and richness and as the volume was turned up so was the richness and power of the music.

No photoshop surgery to remove the blemish on my nose. No sharp as a tack detail so sharp that could be considered for forensic work.

Hand trembling is more obvious in the background but look at how the colors blend and how rich they look (without cranking up any saturation in photoshop). With film there is something that I very much appreciate.

It's good to have choices.

digital is great but for now I am loving my film.

The person who took the photo is the first owner of copyright, irrespective of the content/subject, camera owner etc. Anyone else would need to legally prove that a transfer of that copyright had taken place to a different owner.

skieur

Most reactions

Back