This is a bit of an unorthodox critique, but I need feedback

Kent Frost

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.djspiral.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's a bit early in the year for the purpose of this ad, but I wanted to kick something out with some style to it, so I went ahead and did it now.

I was planning on posting several 11x14's of these from Kinkos all over downtown like 2 weeks to a month prior to the event.
I can also get 5,000 full color, glossy 4x6 flyers made for the cost of shipping. The flipside would be an ad from the printing company. Not a bad deal for 5,000 flyers, but I'd be left with a ton of them afterwards.

Lemme know what you think

neewollah.jpg

Kent, are you asking for a critique on the ad or the concept of several thousand left over fliers.

I think you should really post your telephone number also as not everyone uses the internet. And if you have thousands of left over fliers with your contact information on them, what is the bad side? They can always be left around as "Look what I have been involved in" pieces.

My friend Mary who works in entertainment always says "If you're not appearing you're disappearing."

hey Kent! i certainly dont want you to think i'm ignoring your post; i, and maybe others, simply are not capable of doing a proper critique on an advertisement. i like what you've done...images look interesting and you have some catchy text. sounds like a great deal on the printing as well. best of luck with this and others gigs in the future!

Ignoring? No, I never thought that. Thank you for taking the time to look at it. Actually, I was referring to the advertisement. I know that this isn't exactly a graphic design forum, but I know that people on here know what's pleasing to the eye.

For examples, too much text? Too much explanation? Too little of something or another?

Thanks for any input. These are actually to be spread around town up to a month before the event, as well as to be handed out during the event, so the people getting the photos taken will know all the info on how to find it, who took it, and how much it is (obviously).

Conk said:
Have them sent out with the local paper. That will look after your 5000 no problem.

Actually, it's funny you mention that. I was thinking of sending them out with the local COLLEGE paper rather than the local city paper. There's a lot of old folks here that don't go to pub crawls. However, I'm probably going to go around downtown some nights and put them in windshields.

Either way, I guarantee you that no matter how I do it, a majority of the people I end up taking photos of will have no clue that I've been advertising.

I think you did a nice job Kent. I really have no clue about ads, but to me it catches the eye and gives the needed info.

Oh and it took a few seconds for it to click in the neewollah was halloween :lol: And I thought I was the queen of backwards :lol:

Zeitgeist said:
I think you should really post your telephone number also as not everyone uses the internet.
Be that as it may, if someone wants a photo they'll have to go online to find the image number so I can make sure the right photo is printed. Not only that, but I work a fulltime job that doesn't allow for me to receive phone calls on my cell phone, and I don't have voicemail or caller ID.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back