What's new

This is sure to offend someone

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
788
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
But it is meant only in the highest form of humor.

"Redneck Christmas Creche"

$8534676970_d3497b02f7_o.webp
 
I'm sure it's hilariously funny, but something's missing in translation for me, and I don't get it. S'ok. Could be just me. :(
 
What is it? I don't get it either.
 
Ah geeze, folks..you need to get out more. :lol:

Two huge plastic swans centered under an arch of hanging Christmas lights...a creche setting without anything remotely religious attached. Now, I've offended someone's intelligence...boy, I'm in for it today. ;)
 
Huh. The rednecks in THESE parts tend to be deeply "religious." God and Guns is what they're all about. :lmao:
When I see the words "redneck Christmas Creche" I expect a plethora of religious displays--those plastic light-up, "life size" Mary and Joseph, and the entire yard ablaze in a sea of Christmas lights and plastic decor.
And since they often leave them up all year long, seeing them in March isn't all that unusual. :D

I like the picture; it's quite humorous on its own merit. It's just that the title didn't really "mesh" with my experience with rednecks, either.
 
I caught on right away. I did have to look up the word "creche" though.
crèche\ˈkresh, ˈkrāsh\
noun
1 : a representation of the Nativity scene
2 : day nursery
3 : a foundling hospital
4 : a group of young animals (as penguins or bats) gathered in one place for care and protection usually by one or more adults
Origin: French, from Old French creche manger, crib, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German krippa manger — more at crib.
First use: 1792
Synonyms: nursery school, day nursery, nursery, pre-K, prekindergarten, preschool

Maybe 4 could also fit.
 
I grew up with Rednecks... and I even know what "creche" means... and I see where you were going with this. But it doesn't work for me... without the title, it is meaningless, with the title, it is confusing. Better luck next time!

It is a comical image though....
 
I think you need a baby swan in a manger, or better yet pink Flamingos
 
if it was really redneck they would be painted camouflage. and on blocks.
 
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
 
This thread totally confuses me ... probably I am too European to understand ;)
 
I expect so. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom