600bw3330.jpg

600bw3333.jpg

600bw3299.jpg

600bw3303.jpg

600bw3306.jpg

Which house?

Interesting house?
Abandoned house?

Very nice stark contrasts here, given by the bright light that you had and the many shadows given by the structure of this house/deck/remains only? ... what a place to have a house, and what a view! Wow.

I was thinking Eurythmics- This is the house, this is the hill, this is the story...

The house is an old party house built by a real estate developer back in the late 50's, early 60's. No bedrooms, just a big living room and deck/patio and small pool. Two bath rooms downstairs, next to each other like a Men-Women arrangement. 360 view, from the top of a nearly solid rock hill.

I was hoping "This is the House," would lend itself to filling in the blanks with imagination. I'm terrible at titling photos. If I could I'd call 'em all "Whimsy" and be done with it.

abraxas said:
If I could I'd call 'em all "Whimsy" and be done with it.

:biggrin:

Well. Sorry for being so totally uninformed as to song titles and allusions to song titles ... still my question is: is this place abandoned now?

And still my saying that I like how you worked with the shadows here :D.

Must have been wonderful to be there, a glass in hand, good friends around, watching the sun go down in the west and night already falling in the east. :D

Sorry. I ramble.

The house is abandoned now. Has been for maybe 20-25 years.

The view IS beautiful. Maybe I'll try my first HDR shots from up there (ding!).

Thanks for the compliment on the shadows. I like the way they turned out, but I wish I could have made the shots sort of; 'Escher-esqe' (Are you familiar with MC Escher?).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back