This one is tricky - math riddle

Thanks just what I needed an idiot guide. Never did like math never saw the pointing pure math
I did yacht masters nav type math I could see the point and the relevant connections.
How tide plus or minus wind can effect the set course and so on

19 is what I get too.

Not difficult at all IMO, except we're tricked into thinking the last line is all additions (which would be 19)
@dxqcanada is correct, as multiplication is done before addition unless brackets are used.

Ah, so 60 then. Well spotted.

Shoe 10
Boy 5
1 peg/scarf 2
Ok you got me, brackets? Whooosh as it goes right over my head lol added that I miss read question in the first place .da

I also get 17.

10 + 10 + 10 = 30

5 + 5 + 10 = 20

4 + 4 + 5 = 13

10 + 5 x 4 = 60

so, must be 60

Thanks just what I needed an idiot guide. Never did like math never saw the pointing pure math
I did yacht masters nav type math I could see the point and the relevant connections.
How tide plus or minus wind can effect the set course and so on

Some fuzzy math going on... haven’t seen the right answer yet! Please note I said it’s a tricky one. Look more closely at the last line.

Some fuzzy math going on... haven’t seen the right answer yet! Please note I said it’s a tricky one. Look more closely at the last line.
Right now I see the paired items are all single on the last line.
So assuming the symbol of a single item is half the value of the symbol of a pair of those items @limr got it right, as you still have to do multiplication before addition. 5 + 5 x 2 = 15
If it was (5 + 5) x 2 the answer would be 20 but the brackets are not there.

Still not seeing the correct answer. If no one gets it by noon Eastern (4 hours) I’ll post a clue. Look closely at the last line.

FFS. Ha!!!! 25

Sneaky! Yes, 25.

Ha, no, made me go back and look again.

Very sneaky, the resolution of your image isn't high enough to be sure, but if the blurs in his hands are the same as the items in line 3, and the ones on his feet are the trainers we end up with:
5 + (5+10+4) x 2 or 43!
A test of eyesight rather than math.

Very sneaky, the resolution of your image isn't high enough to be sure, but if the blurs in his hands are the same as the items in line 3, and the ones on his feet are the trainers we end up with:
5 + (5+10+4) x 2 or 43!
A test of eyesight rather than math.

Winner! Yes sorry for the low res I stole this off Facebook after it annoyed me that I got it wrong so I thought I’d amuse you all with it.

Those who said 15 were close and got the math part right (my dear aunt sally) but didn’t get the “trick” that he was wearing shoes and holding those other things in his hands in the last line.

I think those are supposed to be either shoe laces or exercise bands but hard to tell.

I still don't see that as 43?

At the risk of embarrassing myself again I'm going with

5 + ((5+2+2) x 2) = 23

And I did.... I see we had a winner.

But what about those wrist bands on the guy in the last line????

The man = 5
Each shoe = 5
Each shoe lace = 2

in the last line he is wearing shoes and holding a shoelace in each hand. So last line =

5 + 19 x 2

always multiply then divide before add and subtract.

5 + 38 = 43

Most reactions

New Topics

Back