This would have been heaven for some of you..

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at The 121st Rose Parade in Pasadena this morning-

I won't post my pictures. They are HORRIBLE.

:(

yea, i was (still am) in switzerland for new years eve, it was beautiful as here everyone sets off fireworks at new years, being that its europe, any type of firework is allowed, and so they go pretty high, regardless, we went to a ski slope, and really it was amazing as you could see the mountains and their small cities with fireworks going off in the distance, long story short, no tripod.

awww sunny...not even 1 or 2 half decent? Any idea what went wrong with the photos? Any advise we can give?

I hope this site is more for people than just posting their good images to make themselves feel good, or their hoards of vacation pics. If there is stuff you want advice to improve, definatly post it up. We only get better by learning from our screw ups

Just post some and people can tell you what to do better next time. :)

I need to figure out how to change my f stop.... I think that is my problem. I fiddle with the ISO all the time, cause that's all I know how to do. I needed more light. I know I have to crop them. I was like 5 rows of people in. So there are lots of people in my pictures.We didn't have bleacher seats. We got up at 4 am to make it there by 5 am. Then slept on the ground (with blanks) unit the parade got to were we were at 8:30

I am embarrassed to post my picture because when I look at most pictures by other posters I see them and say to myself.. WOW, that is so cool. I don't get a sense of WOW when I look at my pictures.

Give me a few I have to find my cord to post them.

The Only way to get better is practice and to identify your mistakes. You should look into joining a local Photo Group. This way you can go out with others with different skill levels and get a hands on look at what they are doing. Post'em up...Lets see what you got :hug::

OK- Here are some more than a few. I am posting the really bad ones with the hopes that someone can tell me what I did wrong. Also, at I was using the camera in auto and would switch from time to time. In neither setting do I think the pictures look as colorful as they could be.

124.jpg

121.jpg

119.jpg

107.jpg

117.jpg

103.jpg

102.jpg

101.jpg

also, at some points I gave up on the camera all together and pulled out my little one..

I wouldn't call these horrible. I think the exposures are pretty good, and the colors are pretty nice. Just one seems a little flatter than the rest.

My eyes are tired right now, but they look like they could use a bit of sharpening. Anyone else think so?

I think that would be an extremely tough event to photo. THere is so much going on how do you get your photos not to look busy. I think you did a pretty good job given the magnitude of the event

Not too bad...I think the shots are lacking Composition, theres no clear subject on some of them. If your using the Kit lens you may not have had the ability to zoom in and Isolate a single subject and yes they could use a bit of sharpening. A big event like that can be overwhelming, so much going on, so much too see.

The only way to shoot this would to be walking with the parade, only other way would be so shoot down the road with a long lens, If i had been there i wouldn't have shot the parade but the people watching a bit like street photography

you also live in the valley? Sweet.

But Seriously, your photos are very good, especially since you're at the Rose parade in 'dena. Not everyone here gets to grab a good spot like you did. What lens did you use?

you also live in the valley? Sweet.

But Seriously, your photos are very good, especially since you're at the Rose parade in 'dena. Not everyone here gets to grab a good spot like you did. What lens did you use?

Why yes, I am a Valley Girl!! = ) I live in Northridge. Where are you? Next year we plan to spend the night in Pasadena- = ) Those floats are beautiful up close and personal. We were pretty close. Next year I want to be in the first row of people so I can walk into the street and take pictures of them coming my way.. if the Sheriff would allow that.. Wow, they were in FULL force this morning!

I mostly take pictures so I have them to put in an album. I make one for me, and one for both my boys to take wit them when they move out (they are 5 and 10.) I want them to remember that I did take them places and did things with them. So, even if they don't remember I have a few pictures in a album I have made online...you all know which ones I am talking about,right) While my pictures don't have to be great for that. I do hope that one day I can take a picture like some of you all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back