Those 20D got stupid cheap all of a sudden..

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
is there something new coming up or why are they all of a sudden like a few hundred(!!) bucks cheaper?

Please shed light..

i think i read something on here about the 20d's being discontinued...
why, looks like it might be tru after all.

now you'll excuse me, i gotta get that 20d!

well... I hope that 350d will go cheaper too :) or at least L lenses :p

mentos_007 said:
well... I hope that 350d will go cheaper too :) or at least L lenses :p

no tak, dobze!:mrgreen:

and why the hell would someone discontinue such a good camera? This is some straight money making thing to come out with a new model each year or whatever..crazy..

Canon announced the 30d this week, might have something to do with the 20d price drop.

hehe, it has EVERYTHING to do with it..this is crazy, they could alreadly make the ultimate camera but because they want to make money, they release a cam each year with a few little extras, year for year sothey can make money..

it's basically a 20D with a few upgrades..run now and grab a 20d for cheaper

here are the new features of the 30D as compared to the 20D:

New features / changes compared to the EOS 20D

Redesigned body (more EOS 5D like)
Larger LCD monitor (2.5")
Soft-touch shutter release button
AE/AF lock remains set if shutter is kept half-pressed between shots
Faster startup and wake from sleep times
Direct print button on rear of camera (woo!)
Spot metering
100,000 shot shutter cycle
ISO selectable in third stop steps
ISO speed shown in viewfinder as you change it (still not once changed though)
Selectable 5 or 3 fps continuous shooting
PictureStyles instead of simple image parameters
9,999 images per folder (instead of 100 as per the EOS 20D)
15 menu languages (3 new)

well, the 30d looks nice... lots of stuff i personally would never need...

so, if anyone has a spare 1k cnd to send me, i'll go get the 20d right away

sincere said:
why are they all of a sudden like a few hundred(!!) bucks cheaper?

So where are you seeing the deals? They've been $1140 at B & H for a little while now. The MSRP on the 30D is only $1399, so they'll probably sell for even less. I want to see the 20D drop below $1000.

I paid $1850 canadian for mine back in september of '04. They're now going for $1450 at the same place I bought it (Vistek in Toronto)
That's the way the ball bounces...I just happened to be ready to buy at the time plus I had the cash.

I be seeing them for like 900€ and as a kit with a lens for like 1100€..this is crazy...

Thats just the way technology is. They keep "forcing" people to get some new stuff or else it might not be as compatible with current stuff. However,i believe that s 20D or so can be held forever because its good enough.

Lets get real, what else could you really need that what you already know or have?

sincere said:
and why the hell would someone discontinue such a good camera? This is some straight money making thing to come out with a new model each year or whatever..crazy..

They are a business. Making money is what they do. Another thing is to advance technology It needs constant updaing whether everyone goes out and buys it or not. Updating in little steps leav es no gap for people wanting more.

I'm suprised with the 30D. I thought it would be "better" than it is. I thought they would have upped the MP to maybe 10.6 or something in that region. And upped the FPS. Added a few more bells and whilstes that pack advertising punch.

Most reactions

Back