Thoughts on Gallery Shows

Diddy2theJJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I have been thinking about putting together a show for one of the local galleries to display of some of my photography. I have found a unique way of displaying it, I am printing out my pieces on large canvas gallery wraps instead of the conventional matting and framing. I am really happy with how the pieces are turning out.

What I'm curious about is theme....should gallery shows always have a theme to them? I have alot of nature/flower photographs that I'm happy with. But when I'm looking through my photos I come across some other photos I took that I really like too and would love to share them in my show. But I don't want it to come across as the photos not belonging. For an example I took a trip to NY last year and came back with some cool shots of the city.....but I'm thinking that they just wouldn't fit in with my nature shots in this show.

I'm curious on everyone's thoughts on this, if there is a way to display some different types of photos in an interesting manner or if it would be best to save those other photos for another show or occasion.

Thanks!

Diddy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back