Thoughts on significant other modeling nude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you say you've just been seeing each other since May? That doesn't seem long for a relationship but maybe I misunderstood.

I'm wondering if at least some of the concern relates to her working another job and not really doing modeling much anymore, but then she hears from a photographer she knows who often shoots nudes and she wants to do the shoot. I have to wonder why she'd need to do trade anymore if she isn't modeling and wouldn't seem to have a need for photos for a portfolio (or is this a paid shoot?).

So I guess you'll need to talk to her about it and find out where she is with continuing to model and/or do nude shoots. If that's something she intends to continue to do then it seems like you'll need to talk about how you feel and figure out if you can live with that.

Last edited:
Considering she told me about it and invited me to come with, I doubt that. Plus, I dont know that that's the type of photos he wants to shoot.
She was open and honest and asked for you to come along? What's the problem? Go along? Maybe she's doing it for a gift for you? Who knows until you talk to her.

Be open and honest with her, since she was to you. If she's worked with him in the past, you should know the type of work, right?

You should trust her-- that she would have more self respect than to do anything she wouldn't want to do or that would be disrespectful to you or your relationship, especially if you've talked about marriage. Has she ever given you a reason not to trust her?

Some people take pictures for a living and some do it because they like it. Some people model for a living and others do it because they like it. Maybe she just likes to model? What's the harm in that?

In any event, let us know how the conversation goes!

Didn't you say you've just been seeing each other since May? That doesn't seem long for a relationship but maybe I misunderstood.

I'm wondering if at least some of the concern relates to her working another job and not really doing modeling much anymore, but then she hears from a photographer she knows who often shoots nudes and she wants to do the shoot. I have to wonder why she'd need to do trade anymore if she isn't modeling and wouldn't seem to have a need for photos for a portfolio (or is this a paid shoot?).

This is the question.

I really dont see the point of complaining that your gf gets nude shots if there are already nude shots of her around anyway, long before she became your girlfriend. Even more from a person who himself has made nude shots of women he wasnt in a relationship with.

Either way my opinion or the opinion of everyone else here IMHO doesnt really matter. Thats something the OP has to talk with his girlfriend about, not with other people.

For me, it is a matter of mutual respect. Generally, if you respect the other person, you wouldn't want do anything which causes them any negative feelings. If you're uncomfortable with it ... then she should be respectful and put your feelings over hers. Then again on the flip side, you would want her to feel free to partake in what makes her happy. So it sort boils down to talking through this situation and both of you measuring your feelings of not wanting her to partake ... against her feelings of wanting to partake ...

Personally, I have my chat ... and in the end tell her that while I am uncomfortable with you being photographed in the nude or semi-nude ... If that's what's you real want to do, then I respect your wishes ... go have a good time.

I think she will appreciate that response of respecting her choices as well you your willingness to discuss it in an open and adult manner.

(PS- Please post the photos, ;) )

?#1 I would feel great. It would mean that she is bold and confident in her body, looks etc.
?#2 I would say "Honey, I am uncomfortable", if I was.

Piece of cake.

?#1 I would feel great. It would mean that she is bold and confident in her body, looks etc.
?#2 I would say "Honey, I am uncomfortable", if I was.

Piece of cake.
Is it a BACON cake??????
f278546feec2753b5ffd629d6b329222.jpg

I guess I can see your point but if you knew that she was a model when you first met and had done this before, did you have realistic expectations that she would just quit it being with you?

If you are that worried about it, go with her and watch. Heck since you are a photog too, maybe the guy could use your help. Or maybe ask about taking your camera too and get some shots of her for yourself.

Why should I care? I'm not so insecure in my trust of them that I think "something" might happen. If my sig. other wanted to do a nude shoot, I'd probably be like hell yeah, confidence is sexy, and if you think it would make you happy then do it. And if anyone tries to make them feel bad about it, I'll stand by them.

The U.S. has such a weird relationship with nudity. Not EVERY situation in which nudity is involved has to have a sexual undertone to it.

Not EVERY situation in which nudity is involved has to have a sexual undertone to it.

Exactly! It seems the assumption is that posing nude is tantamount to cheating. If someone is inclined to cheat, that's going to happen regardless of how much skin is showing. On the flip side, if someone is committed to a relationship, that person is not going to cheat just because he or she is taking nude photos or modeling nude. And if there is real trust in that commitment and honest communication, then what is the issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you talked to her? Seems to me that's the person you should be talking to, not a bunch of strangers on the internet. We all have different comfort levels with regards to significant others.

Talk to her.

Not EVERY situation in which nudity is involved has to have a sexual undertone to it.

Exactly! It seems the assumption is that posing nude is paramount to cheating. If someone is inclined to cheat, that's going to happen regardless of how much skin is showing. On the flip side, if someone is committed to a relationship, that person is not going to cheat just because he or she is taking nude photos or modeling nude. And if there is real trust in that commitment and honest communication, then what is the issue?
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!

I have never shared the"Art Photos" Leonore had me take of her and I NEVER WILL!!!:biggrinangelA::biggrin-93::biglaugh:

I don't know which is worse, Leonore's wrath or Terri's. Me thinks I am about to find out. :spank: :laughing: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Seriously Lenore and Rex are dead on. It is a bit of an American phenomon that equates nudity and sex automatically.

Thread shut since it seems we've covered enough ground for the OP in this personal issue - if users want to debate the subject of nudity and photography you're free to do so in a separate thread.

For what it is worth OP my view is similar to others in that this is really something you and your other half should sit down and calmly talk about. In the end in your relationship what matters is between you two and the lines and boundaries you establish; we can say what we'd do and like but that isn't going to be much use for you and her. All I can say is be open to hearing her side of the story and let her have her say and go from there - and remember its not about "winning" but coming to a middleground where you are both happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back