Thoughts on the Logo Designs?

And thats completely fine, just making you aware of the impression that it can invoke. If you are going to be trying to do a lot of work with kids, or schools it just might not be the greatest name choice. As a parent, I would want to investigate a photography company with that name before allowing them anywhere near my child. If my name was Rod, and I liked photography and bodybuilding, I still would avoid calling my "company" BigHardRod Photography. Although completely innocent, it probably wouldnt be doing myself any favors.

Anyway, I didnt mean to make it a big deal, just trying to help out.

What about BigHardRob Photography? :lol:
:lol: still iffy, but not quite as bad as ROD.

I am surprised noone else has agreed with me on this. I guess it really just boils down to your intended customer demographic and photography style. So to get back on topic (apologies to the OP for the sidetracking ) perhaps a www.PictoralPleasures.com at the bottom would suffice, assuming you have the domain name.

I'm going to have him add the domain at the bottom of the logo. This isn't my main business, so I don't rely on it for any income. That being said, I want it to epitomize what I want, more so than anything else.

I love them all, to be honest, I would go with the third one though. I like how the Photography is split between Bold and regular font. The main PP design looks modern and pretty sweet yet still readable you know. The first it's not really noticeable it's two P's but the second is too simple. Therefore the Third.

Any thoughts on including a camera body underneath the 3rd logo, or would that be a bit too much

#1 is the only one that reminds me of photography. #2 is outdated, #3 is more appropriate for a computer company. #1 has potential but the designer needs to re-work the logo without gradients or shades of gray. If the logo does not work printed in one solid color it is an unsuccessful design.

And thats completely fine, just making you aware of the impression that it can invoke. If you are going to be trying to do a lot of work with kids, or schools it just might not be the greatest name choice. As a parent, I would want to investigate a photography company with that name before allowing them anywhere near my child. If my name was Rod, and I liked photography and bodybuilding, I still would avoid calling my "company" BigHardRod Photography. Although completely innocent, it probably wouldnt be doing myself any favors.

Anyway, I didnt mean to make it a big deal, just trying to help out.

I am surprised noone else has agreed with me on this. I guess it really just boils down to your intended customer demographic and photography style. So to get back on topic (apologies to the OP for the sidetracking ) perhaps a www.PictoralPleasures.com at the bottom would suffice, assuming you have the domain name.

Sorry but this is exactly what I thought when I read it too :blushing:

Any thoughts on including a camera body underneath the 3rd logo, or would that be a bit too much

My personal taste leans towards clean and minimal. I hate when people use little graphics and stuff, it seems sort of tacky to me. Thats just me though and some people love that.

i really like the last one and the middle one.

If you don't mind a modern look to your logo, I like the logo of the first one and the font selection of the 3rd one. Put them together, and whammo, you have a winner!

I personally don't like the serif font selection on the first one, but I really like the overall design of #1.

Like this:

photocsj.jpg

Again, this is a modern logo (if you're going for that), but the contrasting font weights and sans-serif font look much better than the standard option #1. Just my opinion though...

Sorry but this is exactly what I thought when I read it too :blushing:

I'm with both of you on that actually. I thought it too, but I didn't say anything because he wasn't asking about the name :lol: I also agree with whomever said "PP Photography" makes it look like "Pee Pee Photography"... which is what I was trying to get at before. :lol:

But if you like the name... then you like the name. :sillysmi:

Totally re-worked the logo. Here is the final copy:

cqnfp57d83n0l8opdgc.png

I still can't get past the pee pee photography thing :/

Sorry.

Most reactions

Back