Thoughts on this camera..

Fleacz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys, i have been reading a lot of these forums (really interesting and useful) but im noticing that there is hardly anyone who uses the lumix DMC-G10, is there a reason why it isnt popular? i have one and i just want to know the pros and cons of it. thanks.

What's your own experiences with it? Be interested to read your views on it.

Last edited:
There are less than 10 people here, including me, that enjoy the micro 4/3rds system. Tpf is inundated with canon and Nikon dslr shooters...... maybe that's why...

Google micro 4/3rds forum and you'll discover other places that are welcoming.

I shoot have an epl1 and the predecessor to the G10, the g1. two threads I created has a my mini review of each

hey guys, i have been reading a lot of these forums (really interesting and useful) but im noticing that there is hardly anyone who uses the lumix DMC-G10, is there a reason why it isnt popular? i have one and i just want to know the pros and cons of it. thanks.
70+% of TPF forum members own Nikon or Canon gear, which reflects world-wide camera brand ownership.

That means the remaining less than 30% split up all the other brands.

i feel like we are an elite group of photographers with top notch gear. the 4/3rds clan! haha but im curious to know WHY everyone is with nikon and canon. i guess the major ads in national geographic probably have to do with it.

i feel like we are an elite group of photographers with top notch gear. the 4/3rds clan! haha but im curious to know WHY everyone is with nikon and canon. i guess the major ads in national geographic probably have to do with it.

because they follow what is marketed and what they see everyone else shoots... nothing wrong with that.... both systems are very capable.

but...

I can't tell you how many people I see with cameras that simply don't fit THEM.

I shot with Canon for many years...

People feel secure buying into the Nikon/Canon brands. They join a huge, global communuity of users by doing so.

If i had the cash, I'd buy a Lumix GF1/Leica X1.

I know. I meant i would be happy to buying a non Nikon/Canon camera.

Because they are the two brands that make the best cameras.

I wouldn't ever buy a Nikon or Canon camera,I prefer to be different and not go for something that everyone else has.
I also think people believe they are better photographers because they have a Canon or Nikon camera.
Its a bit like the amateur golfer who spends thousands on Taylormade or Titelist clubs thinking they will be a better golfer because of it,but the reality of Photography like in golf all the name brand equipment these days are top notch from your Canon to your Sony's to your Panasonic and its really the person taking the photo that determines how good a camera is not the camera.

Nothing worse than brand snobs btw.

Canon and Nikon are leaders in the camera business because they have been making cameras much longer than other brands. While Panasonic was busy making white plastic cased AM/FM radios, Nikon was being selected as the camera system that would be carried and used on each and every NASA space mission...in the 60's, 70's,809's,90's,2000's, and the 2010's...so basically, 60 years' worth of deployment on NASA space missions...

Panasonic? Makes a nice electric shaving cream heating device, or so I hear...

Panasonic's new 4/3 system cameras are 25 years newer than some of the Nikkor lenses I use on a regular basis...market leadership on the part of Canon and Nikon has been built over the past five decades...while the 4/3 system has barely been on the market for five years now. It's very cute stuff though, the 4/3 stuff. Too bad the sensors are so tiny,and everything looks like a deep depth of field snapshot unless one uses a $900 uber-speed prime lens...

Most reactions

Back