Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
in order of correspondence. ME THEM

-------------------------------------

Jason,

Do you have a website with your photography packages? We are looking for someone that is new to the business, has excellent skills, and has affordable prices to team up with. We would like to have a photographer we can help market by being our exclusive photographer. Interested? Check out our website, and see what you think.

Thanks,

Robert DeZee
Youngstown Wedding Ministers - Welcome to the home of Youngstown Wedding Ministers

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert,

Thank you for contacting me. Take a look at my work on Jason Lambert Photography - Photographer serving the Sharon PA, Hermitage Pennysulvania, Youngstown OH and all of the Shenango and Ohio Vally and let me know what you think. I have only done one wedding but as a guest and not the photographer. I am however, very interested in doing weddings. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
~Jason

Jason,

It looks really good. We are just starting our search. We will be calling people next week, and setting up meetings with those we are interested in. You are definitely someone I would like to talk to, but I must cover over everything with the other ministers first. We really are looking to market together, and I am sure it will help all involved. We are in the midst of a discussion with a DJ too. It is my hope that a couple can come to our website or meet us in person they will be able to book almost everything at one time. Instead of the hassle of finding a person available for that particular date. So far we performed 58 weddings this year. Can you imagine your income if you had a portion of that. This is win, win for all involved.

Thank you! Talk to you soon.
Robert

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So what are your thoughts? Has anyone ever been in a situation like this?

Thank for your input,
~Jason

I am actually working in a situation exactly like that right now. The only difference is that it's a new multimedia company that does video, dj, sound, and everything on their own. They just don't have someone to do photography, so when they get a job they basically call me and ask how I'll charge, and then they book it.

It was easy and clear for me because I knew the people that came to me. It looks like they just want to make more money on top of the money they make for the venue. It would make sense for them to bring someone else in. If they are legit, then I would do it. I love the set up that I have with the MM company. Aside from me getting all the business they get, they also call me when people just want photo work done. It's really been building my contact list and helping out a lot, and the best thing is that I'm not actually tied to it.

in order of correspondence. ME THEM

-------------------------------------

Jason,

Do you have a website with your photography packages? We are looking for someone that is new to the business, has excellent skills, and has affordable prices to team up with. We would like to have a photographer we can help market by being our exclusive photographer. Interested? Check out our website, and see what you think.

Thanks,

Robert DeZee
Youngstown Wedding Ministers - Welcome to the home of Youngstown Wedding Ministers

Robert,

Thank you for contacting me. Take a look at my work on Jason Lambert Photography - Photographer serving the Sharon PA, Hermitage Pennysulvania, Youngstown OH and all of the Shenango and Ohio Vally and let me know what you think. I have only done one wedding but as a guest and not the photographer. I am however, very interested in doing weddings. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
~Jason

Jason,

It looks really good. We are just starting our search. We will be calling people next week, and setting up meetings with those we are interested in. You are definitely someone I would like to talk to, but I must cover over everything with the other ministers first. We really are looking to market together, and I am sure it will help all involved. We are in the midst of a discussion with a DJ too. It is my hope that a couple can come to our website or meet us in person they will be able to book almost everything at one time. Instead of the hassle of finding a person available for that particular date. So far we performed 58 weddings this year. Can you imagine your income if you had a portion of that. This is win, win for all involved.

Thank you! Talk to you soon.
Robert

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So what are your thoughts? Has anyone ever been in a situation like this?

Thank for your input,
~Jason

If you were not aware...I'm just letting you know, you spelled Pennsylvania wrong in your response...:greenpbl:

lol... Crap! I am a stickler on that... Don't tell my mother! Pennsylvania... It was a slip of the fingers... Trust me! Luckily if wasn't in the response. For some reason when I copy and paste from the email to TPF it pulls the meta data from my site... So even worse... My site has the typo! Thanks for pointing that out!

There's interest for sure. Don't let it die for more than a day or two. Show interest. Offer them something. Ask to meet with them. Just keep it going and show you're interested.

Good luck!

I would have your lawyers talk to their lawyers! ;)

As of this moment, it is in discussion. You have nothing to lose at this point, and at worst something to learn.

"Never say no until you know when to say no"

I'd be interested in what kind of split they are offering you...if their percentage is more than 20%, I'd say no deal. Period. And even that is "pushing it". SO many factors could enter into this kind of a deal....length of time, exclusivity/freedom for you to do your own work, lots of things to consider. If they can offer you a short trial period,and don't demand your left **+, it might be worth it to give it a try. It's hard to know how established these people are, and if they can offer you any real sales opportunities/jobs...perhaps they are newbies who will fail miserably...perhaps they have actual business skills and are already doing well...it's hard to tell from just this e-mail.

[

Valley, not Vally

I know... I caught that when going back to change Pennsylvania... Thanks!

As of this moment, it is in discussion. You have nothing to lose at this point, and at worst something to learn.

That's what I figure...

There's interest for sure. Don't let it die for more than a day or two. Show interest. Offer them something. Ask to meet with them. Just keep it going and show you're interested. Good luck!

Good advice! Thanks!

I'd be interested in what kind of split they are offering you...if their percentage is more than 20%, I'd say no deal. Period. And even that is "pushing it". SO many factors could enter into this kind of a deal....length of time, exclusivity/freedom for you to do your own work, lots of things to consider. If they can offer you a short trial period,and don't demand your left **+, it might be worth it to give it a try. It's hard to know how established these people are, and if they can offer you any real sales opportunities/jobs...perhaps they are newbies who will fail miserably...perhaps they have actual business skills and are already doing well...it's hard to tell from just this e-mail.

I figure, if offered, I will accept. The experience alone would be worth the cut they get. I will do nothing more than a one year contract with something that states I am able to dissolve the contract if I am not getting X number of jobs per month. Trust me... I will not be giving my services away. They seem to have a good business going. They have done 58 weddings this year between the three ministers. This could lead to other opportunities... The networking at weddings ("here's my card, I do seniors and children") could be enough to make this worth it. I picked up a senior shoot and two infant shoots at the wedding I was at a few weeks ago.

And I have to remember... Whatever I make off of this place is more than I am making now.

lol... Crap! I am a stickler on that... Don't tell my mother! Pennsylvania... It was a slip of the fingers... Trust me! Luckily if wasn't in the response. For some reason when I copy and paste from the email to TPF it pulls the meta data from my site... So even worse... My site has the typo! Thanks for pointing that out!

LMBO...I'm no spelling whiz or english whiz for that matter...lol...just that I'm from PA so I saw that right away.:lol:

I figure, if offered, I will accept. The experience alone would be worth the cut they get. I will do nothing more than a one year contract with something that states I am able to dissolve the contract if I am not getting X number of jobs per month. Trust me... I will not be giving my services away. They seem to have a good business going. They have done 58 weddings this year between the three ministers. This could lead to other opportunities... The networking at weddings ("here's my card, I do seniors and children") could be enough to make this worth it. I picked up a senior shoot and two infant shoots at the wedding I was at a few weeks ago.

And I have to remember... Whatever I make off of this place is more than I am making now.

Good Luck! let us know how it goes :):thumbup:

Most reactions

Back