TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bikeeurope.org.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really can't decide if this works or not. It's titled 'Fear.'

8124087e6faf0299eea3cd79bfad6bbb.jpg

I'd like to hear some more opinions on this...

I think the eyeball is too far up and too far to the left to have maximum impact. I have no idea what type of creature that eyeball belongs to. I would be tempted to crop off a small bit of the out of focus image at the bottom of the frame.

It does not convey "fear" to me. It does look odd,however.

this doesn't really do anything for me, the eye is out of focus and it needs a closer crop

I also dont get the fear sense from it.

Having more of the eye socket / moving the eye a tad closer to the centre would of helped to give more emphasis on the eye, which is the main fear element.

I would of also like to have seen the eye in focus. Seems your focus point is just under the eye

Is it a gator?

Thanks for the comments guys. It's actually an elephant.

Something about its eye seemed fearful to me, but she was eating at the time, so I don't see why she would have been. I was going for something striking and unconventional, but I don't think it worked too well on this occasion.

Well I don't get the sense of fear either (maybe because of what looks like a tear) but I like the image nonetheless.

Just change your title. Maybe something to do with remembering since elephants are supposed to have quite a bit of memory. And some memories can make you cry...:er:

Actually, I find it kinda frightening. It looks like a sinister rock monster or something. Very funny that it was an elephant, cuz I totally get the "oh crap, I need to hide before it eats me!" kind of feel from it.

I think the biggest bummer is the focus clearly hit the eyelashes instead of the pupil, and with that shallow DOF the pupil is a bit out of focus.

That being said, I really like it.

Yeah, I think you could have composed it with the eye in a bit more, but I frankly like it the way it is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back