Mullen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
YellowOnPurple800.jpg

OrangeOnPurple800.jpg

OrangeAndWhiteOnPurple800.jpg

4. Most of my work is B&W, all the bright colors were a little hard on my eyes. I wish the tip of the wing was positioned differently, oh well..
ButterflySihloette800.jpg

All taken with a Canon 1.8F 50mm on a 40D.

Comments and critique are welcome.

Very "rebellious" last photo ... a BUTTERFLY in black&white! :D

Since I am the forum's inbuilt lover of the colour green, though, it must be the first two of these four photos that appeal to me (personally) most, and out of those first two the very first is my personal favourite. The butterfly in Photo 2 himself may be the bigger one, with more colours, but I like the two upright flowers in the first more than the leaning one in the second. While normally I am all in favour of diagonal lines in photos, here I sorely miss their flowers, almost all of the leaning ones are cropped off. The two upright ones are there in their full glory though. That's why I like the first best.

Thanks for the comment/critique, LaFoto.

I was chasing these things around for about an hour in 90-95 degree heat, July 10th, and playing with the on-camera flash. For some reason the ones that were over-exposed seemed to be the best of the bunch. In #1 the butterfly was white, but was nicely recovered due to it being shot in RAW.

Oh, I forgot to mention it was only a slightly rebellious move... and it was actually the first of these that I edited.. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back