Three for C+C

cardonalj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So today is my first day of being on Terminal Leave from the Marine corps. After waking up late and wasting my time on my couch, I decided to head out and take some shots of the Riis Park/Fort Tilden area in Rockaway Beach. I'm feeling ehh about them to be honest, but the best way to learn is from others input. so here ya go.

Criss Cross by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Jetty by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Got the Time? by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

The third one I tried some different editing techniques ( I tend to use LR solely) but wanted the clouds to "pop" so to say. did basic editing in LR, opened up in PS. selected the sky and created a new layer for that and messed around a bit with the sliders...has a fake feeling to it.

I like #1, its interesting to look at. #2 seems a little subject-less, I see a bird really small in there but it doesn't really pop. #3, the composition and angle is awkward.

Moving to the General Forum per new guidlines for the Beginner's Forum.

OK, I looked at your website , and now I cam dream what it must be like to be able to take photographs like that. Outstanding!!!!

They are pleasing to look at but I find myself wanting for something, an emotion, feelings of some kind, It leaves me empty. That is just how I feel, but we all see art through different eyes, so what can I say. Good luck to you

#1 is the most interesting to me, but then again im partial towards pier shots of any kind. but at least it made me think about piers and why that ones so short.

funny thing is, it actually wasnt a pier. it looked like abandones bungalows built to overhang the beach during high tide...or something along those lines. i never knew it was even there till i went walking along..

funny thing is, it actually wasnt a pier. it looked like abandones bungalows built to overhang the beach during high tide...or something along those lines. i never knew it was even there till i went walking along..

Piers usually don't have a couple dozen sewer lines.

Most reactions

Back