TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C please?

centennialpark014ex4.jpg

centennialpark071xp8.jpg

centennialpark016ca5.jpg

I think #2 could have been great if you stepped in front of the bushes and small trees to get a cleaner view of the field.

I think #2 could have been great if you stepped in front of the bushes and small trees to get a cleaner view of the field.

I thought it was considered good form to leave some foreground in the shot. Now that you mention it though, it is pretty brushy looking.

Try something like this:
centennialpark071xp8mt2.jpg

The sky got a little messed up, sorry.

I think the saturation helps, but I also think you have a dirty sensor.

I think the saturation helps, but I also think you have a dirty sensor.

Holy crap, you're right. I have a dust removal program in the camera, and I've been so careful. I've only had the camera three months, this is disappointing.

Holy crap, you're right. I have a dust removal program in the camera, and I've been so careful. I've only had the camera three months, this is disappointing.

Thank god for photoshop. Get yourself a Giotto Rocket blower ... a small investment to save yourself alot of grief.

Are you sure this dust is in the camera on the image sensor? It's probably on one ends of your lens...

... looks like sensor glop to me, but I agree that you should check the lens before driving yourself crazy...

... looks like sensor glop to me, but I agree that you should check the lens before driving yourself crazy...

You're right, it was dust on the sensor. Guess who didn't RTFM? I didn't have the dust removal program turned on, and hadn't used it since buying the camera. A couple of runs through the shaker and the sensor looks clean now. Thanks for the tip.

This is your Pentax that had dust I'm assuming? Do you have several lenses for it? Not really sure what the Pentax line up looks like but I'm curious as to how dust would have gotten in there.

This is your Pentax that had dust I'm assuming? Do you have several lenses for it? Not really sure what the Pentax line up looks like but I'm curious as to how dust would have gotten in there.

I have five lenses for the Pentax, but only three I use regularly. Isn't dust on a DSLR sensor a fairly common problem?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back