What's new

Three scenes, storybook sky

audiobomber

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Location
Sudbury ON, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C please?

centennialpark014ex4.jpg



centennialpark071xp8.jpg



centennialpark016ca5.jpg
 
I think #2 could have been great if you stepped in front of the bushes and small trees to get a cleaner view of the field.
 
I agree with the above comment and also add the sky is completely blown out, you should have underexposed it a bit during processing.
 
I think #2 could have been great if you stepped in front of the bushes and small trees to get a cleaner view of the field.

I thought it was considered good form to leave some foreground in the shot. Now that you mention it though, it is pretty brushy looking.
 
Try something like this:
centennialpark071xp8mt2.jpg


The sky got a little messed up, sorry.
 
I agree with the above comment and also add the sky is completely blown out, you should have underexposed it a bit during processing.

I kind of like the cartoonish sky, but how about this one?

farmrecropcx1.jpg
 
I think the saturation helps, but I also think you have a dirty sensor.
 
I think the saturation helps, but I also think you have a dirty sensor.

Holy crap, you're right. I have a dust removal program in the camera, and I've been so careful. I've only had the camera three months, this is disappointing.
 
Holy crap, you're right. I have a dust removal program in the camera, and I've been so careful. I've only had the camera three months, this is disappointing.


Thank god for photoshop. Get yourself a Giotto Rocket blower ... a small investment to save yourself alot of grief.
 
Are you sure this dust is in the camera on the image sensor? It's probably on one ends of your lens...
 
... looks like sensor glop to me, but I agree that you should check the lens before driving yourself crazy...
 
... looks like sensor glop to me, but I agree that you should check the lens before driving yourself crazy...

You're right, it was dust on the sensor. Guess who didn't RTFM? I didn't have the dust removal program turned on, and hadn't used it since buying the camera. A couple of runs through the shaker and the sensor looks clean now. Thanks for the tip.
 
This is your Pentax that had dust I'm assuming? Do you have several lenses for it? Not really sure what the Pentax line up looks like but I'm curious as to how dust would have gotten in there.
 
This is your Pentax that had dust I'm assuming? Do you have several lenses for it? Not really sure what the Pentax line up looks like but I'm curious as to how dust would have gotten in there.

I have five lenses for the Pentax, but only three I use regularly. Isn't dust on a DSLR sensor a fairly common problem?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom