Three Trees at Sunset

Bynx- Not bad. Yeah before I started shooting HDR I had my camera settings adjusted as I did not do to much post processing on images of this nature. When I did portraits I had another user setting so I would pretty much toggle between the two. It just dawned on me last night that perhaps that could be the case. I will have to see how making the changes back will have a positive or negative outcome. Or is it just my force of habbit. I think we all have our own unique style and thats what sets us all apart from each other. If we all did everything the same than there would not be a variety in this world. I am not trying to use excuses in no way but feel that we have to be happy and confident in our own work. Sure there will be many of folks hate what I do and on the flip side there are many that will love what I do and same goes to everyone. I am not here on this forum to say what I do is the only way its just my way. I think one thing has been consistent is I like rich color in my images. I also like realistic images. I also love certain images that have less color. I think about one of your last postings of the city scape. You had two one at sunset and one at night. As much as I love color and the night time had way more color the sunset one was to me the best. It had a silver-ish feel and my eyes really enjoyed looking at it. What I need to take from all this is try to have a nice balance that compliments my interest to better myself but not change my vision. That change should be on my own. I am learning more about composition and that is where I really need to keep focus on at this point so when all said and done I can have a better winner to trash ratio.

With that said as always I appreciate all the CC. After really looking at this photo I think it needs to go two ways. One is a little less saturated and a bit more color in the sky to balance it OR dark and gloomy because these trees are not the most beautiful trees and quite gloomy-ish. Nonetheless I still like the composition.

Here are my final results. I took the time to spot heal out all that distraction in the background. I think it paid off.

In the world of color

tree amigos by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

and the world of darkness

tree amigos gloomy by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

and just for fun

goodvsevil by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Last edited:
I think if you worry less about defending yourself and justifying your choices, and spend more time listening to the collective voices here that are trying to guide you to become better, you will improve faster and produce a product that you are proud of that others will also enjoy.

Rotanimod - I do listen thus the edits. Not sure if you read all my replies but, with what people have said I have tried to look into what I am doing. I think I figured some of it out. I also do not want to be a robot either. I have to pick and choose the advice that will help me evolve. No one here is perfect and just like I have seen many photos from people that I do and do not like I expect the same with mine. I am trying to develop a style that I enjoy taking. If I spend to much time trying to do what everyone said guess what there will still be another batch of people that will not like that either. You can not please everyone! One must start with themselves and quite frankly I do like what I do. Is there room for improvement yes and I know thus why I take the time to re edit. I even tried different camera angles as mentioned. If you do not see that I am trying than I am sorry but what more can I do to prove it. I am not looking to start a battle with you or anyone and I will keep on clicking. Some may like it some don't, some may say useful things and some may try to be the photo police as they are the end of the rope in photography. I am not hear to please those people just here to learn and grow and have FUN doing it.

Really don't know what more to say than that.

look at this site

http://www.hdrspotting.com/

I really enjoy these bold color and what not. I know that many of those photos are at a higher level than mine and I hope to be able to get there at some point. That site has many HDR's that I like and the style is similar to what I would like to do. I just came across it today and thought it would be a good place to help some of you better understand what I like. To each his own right.

Hopefully you see photos on there you can appreciate and if not no harm no foul.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back