Throwback Thursday: Turkey

Oh my gosh, FINALLYYYYYYY!!!!

Thank you for posting that video! See, there's a barbershop cover of the song "It's a Sin to Tell a Lie" that I have on a disc that I have carried with me since I lived in Istanbul. We used to use songs for lessons. For whatever reason, I had always thought it was done by They Might Be Giants, but I could never find it.

So seeing the video of that band doing a different song of course reminded me of the song that I have been trying to track down for 15 years.

I am so relieved!!! And without further ado:

Then I guess it's good I've always been into alternative rock (or adult alternative, or whatever these days we're calling what used to be New Wave). So I know plenty of oddball and off the wall songs that pop into my head.

I know what else that song you posted is from, Royal Wedding with Fred Astaire and Jane Powell. Now that song (or both) will be stuck in my head. Great.

The damage is done.

I wanna read that article about the castle - tomorrow. Getting too late and too silly tonight.

Fantastic photos! Can't believe how much the city has changed. Wow. Thanks so much for uploading them. I appreciate it.

Ottoman Turk

The footstool you use after Thanksgiving dinner.

Funny story. I was at a friend's house my first year. She had an armchair with a matching footstool. She said that the two together were called an American armchair. She thought it very amusing when I told her that we called the footstool an Ottoman :)

Most reactions

Back