Website
je-c.smugmug.com
DSC_1977.jpg

Critique please. Should I post bigger?

Make: Nikon
Model: D70s
Exposure time: 2.00 sec
F-Stop: f/22
Focal Length: 44.00 mm (18-70mm cheap-o lens)

Beale AFB, California.
2 June 06

I photoshopped two of the same image to separately saturate the sky a bit, and lighten or bring out the aircraft a bit. Took those two and slapped 'em together. Please do comment!

well.... looks a bit... artificial to me :) maybe because there are two different sources of light and colour - one from the sky and setting sun, the second from the lamp which lits the plane. I don't know what to think about this one because I'm not really interested in aircrafts. I think that you could have achieved some great effects capturing the silhouette of the craft only. Making it black, leaving the details with different angles... because the details visible now say nothing to me.

I think the sky is good. I'd probably lighten up the plane and lower half some more. I'd also crop off the bottom a bit. I don't care for the horizon running through the middle of the image, and there is just bland runway down there anyway.

shadow/highlight tool in CS2 might bring out the detail of the floor without losing the colours in the sky

Crop off some of the tar at the bottom, it doesn't serve much purpose. Also, I would get rid of the artificial light. The silohette (sp) would look neat against those vivid colors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back