TIGER HERON.

jack lumber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spotted this handsome Bare throated tiger heron on the Yucatan penisula Mexico.

Taken with a Canon 20D and the 100-400mm zoom.
mexico081008-1.jpg

mexico081010x.jpg

mexico081012.jpg

mexico081032.jpg

mexico08960.jpg

mexico081067.jpg

Great shots, that last one is killer.

My only complaint is that you got a little too close with the cropping and as such some bits of bird are cut off in some (shots 2 and 3 really) and in others they feel a little constricted on space.
That said great work getting that close - not only for normal shuts but also for a hunting shot as well! And honestly chances are quite a lot of people would get caught out by the cropping (I think its cause we always focus in on the head and thus other bits tend to get forgotten about - that and the desire to get as close as we can)

My only complaint is that you got a little too close with the cropping and as such some bits of bird are cut off in some (shots 2 and 3 really) and in others they feel a little constricted on space.
That said great work getting that close - not only for normal shuts but also for a hunting shot as well! And honestly chances are quite a lot of people would get caught out by the cropping (I think its cause we always focus in on the head and thus other bits tend to get forgotten about - that and the desire to get as close as we can)

Yes I agree Overread, I was on a walkway and could'nt back up any more and and had too much glass:x #3 has not been cropped, and the others had a light crop for composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back