What's new

Time Came and Went

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p909381009-4.jpg
 
Federico, I love your stuff. But this one... doesn't excite me. I like the light a lot. But your choice of composition appears very flat to me. The empty light wells (well I can see only the left one) have some potential, as does the grill, but they are hidden by the straw in the foreground. You are a master at what you do, so maybe the fault lies with my less than perfect eye. But those eyes refuse to tell me that this is a memorable image. Should I tell them they are lying?
 
so maybe the fault lies with my less than perfect eye. But those eyes refuse to tell me that this is a memorable image. Should I tell them they are lying?
Yup, time to pay a visit to the ophtalmologist :)

Now seriously: this was an incredible subject (I'll explain) in a not-so-special environment under fantastic light. What's special about the car is that it was tiny... but there wasn't anything around it that would help provide a sense of scale. So I struggled mightily finding a good angle to shoot it. As a result, all the images I came away with looked like botched opportunities... yet for some reason I like this one a bit.

Maybe I should go back with a couple children to model by the car and give a sense of scale.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.
 
Federico, unfortunately I would have to agree with pgriz. I seriously did a double take to make sure this was your work.

I think the subject is good as is the lighting but having the car in the middle doesn't work. I also find the row of trees in the background don't really add anything. I'm assuming you were trying to show the scale?

I think you do have a good subject and should try some different angles and maybe try not to focus on the size of the vehicle?

I'm sure you will figure something out as your work is typically outstanding.
 
Thanks, Lee. I need to go back to this place and do a re-shoot. I appreciate the feedback.
 
Well then, if the car is tiny, then perhaps making it a small part of the image would reinforce that. In my mind's eye I can see a large field, just as you have it, but with the car being closer to the lower right "power spot" and maybe a quarter of the size of image you have in the one above... There will be less car, but at the same time it may convey the feeling of "smallness" better. Just sharing a thought. Feel free to ignore if you already considered it and rejected it on aesthetic grounds.
 
What a great stuff you are, i like your images lighting very much and love the background very much. Thanks a lot for your awesome sharing !!
 
Agree this image isn't level with your usual but definitely worth a revisit!
 
I just wonder why you placed the object at the center of the frame.... i equally wonder whether you haven't shot it different ways... if you had, i am sure this is not going to be the best....
Another thing i feel how much the mouth part in a portrait is important, that much important is the mouth even for a car; unfortunately that is masked here ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom