Time to buy a good camera! HELP!!!

When choosing a good camera alot of people go by the megapixels which is good if it has a large censor. The larger the censor the better the pics. Id rather have a 6 megapixel with a large censor than a 10 or 12 pixel camera with a small censor.

How is this even an arguement ? Blads are aimed at people who take photos in studios with enough light to fill a football stadium. Its like complaining that a ferrari has poor off road performance.

How is this even an arguement ? Blads are aimed at people who take photos in studios with enough light to fill a football stadium. Its like complaining that a ferrari has poor off road performance.

I think it's more off-handed sarcastic comments than an argument.
Although VI does have a vendetta against Nikon since Nikon has offended his family.

I think it's more off-handed sarcastic comments than an argument.
Although VI does have a vendetta against Nikon since Nikon has offended his family.

I could care less, it's just when people come into every single what camera should I buy thread and bust on every brand except for their own.

I was thinking about buying a d70 at one point, even with the kit lens. You don't need much else when you're more concerned about lighting.

To the OP: I would also HIGHLY recommend you take a class in photography. I personally like "in-person" classes versus on line ones because its easier to connect with other photographers who are interested in photography too.

Honestly speaking, the only difference between a "professional" camera and a "hobbyist" camera is the fact that professional ones are more durable. Its not to say that traditional SLRs are cheap but they were built for enthusiast who only take pictures every other day. If you plan on being a hobbyist, then you probably won't need the "fancy" doodads. Macro lenses are great for insects and details whereas telephoto lenses are good for wildlife and sometimes sports photography. Wide angle lenses are generally for folks who like landscape photography and occasionally large groups.

I bought my camera at Adorama and I LOVED them. I would personally avoid stores like Target, Best Buy and Wolf Camera because they are generally VERY overpriced. If your one a budget, you can buy a refurbished camera for much lower - but you won't get the "latest and greatest" gear. I paid 475 dollars for my camera and it came with: The body, lenses (18-55mm which is pretty standard), a carrying cases, two batteries, a charger, one memory card and a two year warranty.

Most reactions

Back