What's new

Time to Pay it Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,689
Reaction score
337
Location
Old Town, ME
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok...so lately I am a man of few words as I'm quite busy, and I hate being long winded.

Up for donation is the Nikon 80-200 lens that was donated to me here on the forum. It is the 80-200mm 4.5/5.6 D.

Here is how I am going to do this. The opportunity to submit your name for receiving it will be open for a week.

Send a PM to me with your desire to receive the lens. Don't send mushy sob stories, just your desire to have it and why.

You must have a D90 or better to be eligible. (That means no D3xxx or D5xxx) It will not autofocus on those bodies and while manually focusing is fine for a prime lens...it can be a b1tch for zooms. I'd rather see it go to a home where it can be best and fully used.

You must have been a registered member for at least 6 months on this forum to be eligible. I don't want brand new people getting it as they have not contributed to the forum as of yet. May sound douchebaggery but most of you with somewhat intelligent minds will understand. The idea is to reward those who support the forum. I chose to go by length of membership vs. post count, and post counts can be faked easily enough in a few hours....time cannot.

The optics are good on this lens, I was very pleased when I shot with it on my D90.

So thanks again to pixmedic who he and his family donated this lens to me, and in keeping the true spirit of the forum and paying it forward, I am now donating it on to the next person. I hope the person who gets it would do the same when they move on.


I don't have pics of it right now, but the lens is nice and it work. If you really need pics I can toss it on the light table and snap a few...

Ernie
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #2
I'd ask that you folks read the post and see the rules. I have already received two PM's out of 5 that are not eligible. Both D5100 users and have only been on this site a month or two.

:-(
 
noticed that you are incorporating a few things that we had thought about doing like time in, and AF cameras only....we think its a great idea.
although...as far as the D90 or better...there are a few older cameras that will still AF that lens. D100, D70, etc etc. not to mention some film cameras.. wasn't sure what your stance was on that. we are very pleased that the lens will be donated to another forum member. we really appreciate you doing this Ernicus. Thank You.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
Yeah, I meant D90 types of bodies or better....not so much exact model numbers. So all the old Dxx and Dxxx will be acceptable as well. Guess I coulda worded that better. lol. Nice catch.
 
Really cool to see people on the forum doing this.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
I'm trying to talk my bass in to a box o oldies. Been cleaning up lately and finding all kinds of old lenses, mostly Nikon. some 50mm 1.8's 28mm's 80-200's, sh1t like that. some are pretty old. So one of these days I may have a couple to donate here as well....we'll see.
 
Nice thing to do. Seems a lot of people on here doing the PIF things are all Nikon shooters. Stinks for me, but great for others who can take advantage of it!

Thumbs up! :thumbup:
 
I'm trying to talk my bass in to a box o oldies. Been cleaning up lately and finding all kinds of old lenses, mostly Nikon. some 50mm 1.8's 28mm's 80-200's, sh1t like that. some are pretty old. So one of these days I may have a couple to donate here as well....we'll see.


...you talk to fish??...just bustin' your ballz....real nice thing you're doing:thumbup:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
lol, yeah, meant to be boss not bass. lol

Nikon is easier to pif since you can use old glass on new stuff without adapters, risk, etc. easy to get and cheap enough to pass around. ;-)
 
Bummer, haven't been registered long enough. Good luck to those entering!
 
Stick around and learn and help others. I know myself and a few others will do our best to continue such things as time progresses. ;-)
 
Hope the donation process is going well. Someones getting a pretty nice piece of glass.
 
Bumping in case it hasnt been snagged yet.
 
Tomorrow is the last day to take in requests and I'll decide who on thursday. ;-)
 
Somehow you getting banned is my fault? I made you write rude and vulgar things about me?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom