Time to put of or shut up! C&C please!

CW Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ya I had a typo on the title haha "Time to put up or shut up! C&C please" is what it should have said. If a mod can change it that would be appreciated!

Alright I am still a new guy to the site, and many of you are probably seeing me responding in threads not even seeing some of my work! So I have some free time and figured it was time to post up some of my work!

All of the pictures taken were taken with a Canon SX110is all on manual, I dont trust the camera to do my thinking! haha

Please let me know what you think! if you think there junk, tell me! I can take it, I assure you that! Just tell me what to do differently tho! :lol:

3216707680_b53c2bde98.jpg

fish is about an inch and a half long, wanted to try the macros out :)

3182919207_2488fec144.jpg

3152683828_6f9bd35fc7.jpg

2972839049_310feb1d9b.jpg

2972828789_d2623b18ef.jpg

2981642351_b3fbdce966.jpg

Last edited:
They are all pretty centered in regards to the subject. Read up on the rule of thirds and composition. Most of the shots look a little under exposed but not much. Overall pretty nice. Also I am not sure if the clown fish is out of focus or if it was camera shake but its not as sharp as it could be.

ya I agree on the clown, for those who have tanks with clowns... lol those little things are lightning fast and hard to get a clear picture. It was probably just him moving by super fast... that's or me rushing to get the shot

Nice set of images.

#1 - This image doesn't do anything for me.

#2 - Centered subject. Neat to see the camouflage at work. A little under exposed.

#3 - I like what's happening behind the truck...the moon lit (?) snow. Wish the truck wasn't in the shot.

#4 - Centered subject.

#5 - Nicely exposed but I wish you went with a slower shutter speed to show some motion in the water instead of freezing it.

#6 - I like the somber colors and the diagonal of the dead log, but it's really underexposed.

#7 - Nice point of view. Wish the DOF was tighter. Image is underexposed.

Was the reflection on #7 intentional?

nice thats exactly what I was looking for! thanks!

most of the pictures were right when I got it, maybe a week after? so I was still trying to feel it out a bit. I also have this one of the water that i did do a slower shutter speed with. eh they are all way over exposed and look like crap. I didn't know what I was doing and couldn't get it too look right

nice thats exactly what I was looking for! thanks!

most of the pictures were right when I got it, maybe a week after? so I was still trying to feel it out a bit. I also have this one of the water that i did do a slower shutter speed with. eh they are all way over exposed and look like crap. I didn't know what I was doing and couldn't get it too look right

If the SX10is is like the others you can get an extension tube of sorts that will fit over the built in lens. This will allow for the attachment of filters such as CP and ND filters. The use of a ND filter would allow you to capture the flowing water without blowing out the rest of the image.

If the SX10is is like the others you can get an extension tube of sorts that will fit over the built in lens. This will allow for the attachment of filters such as CP and ND filters. The use of a ND filter would allow you to capture the flowing water without blowing out the rest of the image.

ok that's amazing! I have been wanting to be able to put filters on it.. but it doesn't have any mounts for it or anything. Link maybe? haha help me out because I have no idea what i am looking for!

I also have this one of the water that i did do a slower shutter speed with. eh they are all way over exposed and look like crap. I didn't know what I was doing and couldn't get it too look right
One trick is to shoot waterfalls on overcast days.

One trick is to shoot waterfalls on overcast days.

yup and I knew that... just had to work with what I had. We went for a hike that day and I just happened to bring my camera that day. It was a hike with friends, couldn't pass up the waterfall tho! April or so I will head back to it and take some good ones ! haha

Didn't see anything on the Canon web site. Maybe third party?

Didn't see anything on the Canon web site. Maybe third party?

There should be a trim ring around the lens that removes for attachment of the accessory lens mount.

EDIT: I think I see the issue. He has the SX110 not the SX10 different cameras oops :blushing:

on these waterfall shots, do you guys use a tripod/monopod or is this just hand held? I guess I'm trying to know when people use tripods, for certain shutter speeds etc? Im SUPER new with my photography and trying to learn the basics as I go.. thanks everyone

we used a mini 15" tripod for it actually

thats a shame about the filter ring mount too... I was excited all of a sudden! haha

Most reactions

Back