What's new

tips and tricks on gig photos

sektabrand

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
35
Reaction score
2
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey!

As this is my first post - glad to be here, name's Olafs \m/

I recently went to shoot a gig with kit lens of 18-55mm 3.5/5.6 and samyang 8mm 3.5 fisheye. there was a thread recently, but almost all answers were about getting better glass. I certainly agree with this, but maybe you have any tips and tricks if different glass is not an option?

here's couple from that night:

$ilgi_20032012_IN (8 of 16).webp
$ilgi_20032012_IN (9 of 16).webp
$ilgi_20032012_IN (10 of 16).webp
$ilgi_20032012_IN (14 of 16).webp
 
It's either fast lenses, very high ISO, flash or only shoot shows with very good lighting but they are uaually big artists and you will not be allowed to shoot without press pass and then you can only shoot the first 3 songs
 
Those don't look bad, maybe lighten them up in post?
 
well, my 600D goes up to 6400, but then it's pretty much gambling with the noise. at least for me.

I tried to light them up in post, but that brought just the artifacts up. what's the best way to reduce noise in Lightroom. For example, I hate how "luminocity" works.
 
Out of your set, I like pic 2. The choice of B & W really works with the composition. Nicely done.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom