What's new

Tips for shooting very reflective objects?

jajomo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Location
PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to take my "baby" out and get some shots before we trade her in ...not to sad..upgrading to an 09 ...yeah me ;)...and I want to know how to get myself out of the reflection. I have side shots using my zoom that don't show reflections but when I try grill shots...either its me or the not so nice ground. TIA for any help

ringandstuff002.jpg


ringandstuff001.jpg
 
Move slightly to a different camera angle either left, right, up, down or a combination.

Also put a circular polarizing filter (CPL) on the lens. It will help to minimize reflections.

Pick a better location that doesn't have dappled sunlight and distracting elements in the background (red truck, street light/wire)

You could also consider using a tripod and a remote shutter release.
 
Move slightly to a different camera angle either left, right, up, down or a combination.

Also put a circular polarizing filter (CPL) on the lens. It will help to minimize reflections.

Pick a better location that doesn't have dappled sunlight and distracting elements in the background (red truck, street light/wire) I do have plans for a better location.

You could also consider using a tripod and a remote shutter release. I feel ridiculous for not even thinking about doing this. Thank you seriously..some times the obvious thing is the hardest to grasp.

Thanks for the reply :thumbup:
 
A circular polarizer for sure. I would take it to a blacktop parking lot or if you can find higher ground where there would be nothing to reflect close by (open field, parking lot, lake) Get down further. Stop waxing the heck out of her!! Makes my Mustang look bad! Nice looking CTS
 
Put something in front of your feet to block their reflection. Maybe a white or black posterboard. something big enough to fill up the license plate but not show up on the bumper.
 
Check out THIS thread.
Thanks I never really looked outside the beginner forum except the just for fun page. I'll read this for sure.

A circular polarizer for sure. I would take it to a blacktop parking lot or if you can find higher ground where there would be nothing to reflect close by (open field, parking lot, lake) Get down further. Stop waxing the heck out of her!! Makes my Mustang look bad! Nice looking CTS

Thanks for the input about the location and I'm looking at the black cherry paint for my new(er) one. I do love the raven black though ...O the dilemma I'm in...:lol:.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom