What's new

Tips on Shooting Dance Shows?

BoxPhotographer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 23, 2009
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm using a Nikon D80. Would a diffuser and flash bracket be handy? What settings should I be using? I'm am obviously going to shoot in RAW. There's probably going to be lots of colorful lighting, but it is probably also going to be dark. Any tips?
 
Fast Lens!!!!! This is crucial. If there is bad lighting+fast people=fast glass. That is really the only option. Try and just pick up a 50 1.8 if you can't afford anything else. Bring up the ISO also depending on the situation. You can always reduce the noise considerably but missing a shot you can't go back and get that. Is flash allowed? Do you have an external flash. How far away will you be? Good luck
tj
 
I'll be up very close. I'll also be able to move any where I want. Will a Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 lense work?
 
There is a really good chance that pictures taken with that lens will turn out blurry even with you iso pumped up to 1600. Go out and get a 50mm 1.8 for $100 it will do a lot more damage (in a good way) than the 18-200.

*i own both we have mentioned and have tried the 18-200 at concerts.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom