tips please

Just go back and shoot them over and over, at different times of day.

Look at the resulting pictures and see if any ideas for doing it differently come to mind:

How could I get more/less of the building in the frame? How can I make this more visible, and that less visible? Hey, that's a great shadow, when will it be bigger/smaller? The lines would look better if they were more/less slanted this way/that way, how can I accomplish that?

I have lots of Architecture books, including one on how to photograph buildings. Visit your library, peruse several books, and notice how the pictures are presented. Your composition will depend on how you wish to present the building(s) and your perception of them.

When you get to the location, notice how the light makes light and shadow. If the light is too flat, come back at a different time of day. Try to find the best location from which to shoot, and don't overlook the possibility of becoming creative in how you get your camera into the right position.

Also, you can sometimes get the story by concentrating on the details, but be mindful of context while doing so. If you can't or don't want to use a tilt-shift lens, a little keystoning is usually not going to invalidate the image, providing you don't overdo it. Always straighten your pictures before exhibiting them.

You are an evil man to link me to adorama... now I'm going to want to look in the "used" department....booo hiss.... I have very little self control

Really? Are you single? Cute? I could come visit! ;) (just kidding!)

Most reactions

Back