Tired of it already....

LahPhotographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think there are some great people with good information on this forum. Here is the BUT part coming....
No one responds much to people that are new here and I am tired of it.
When I post things is my hope to get some response and interaction, don't care good or bad. Even others that are new I see just kind of do not get much feedback. Anyway nice meeting you all but I am out.
Keep it creative! Even if you just do photography for fun, keep doing what you like. Peace
-LahPhotographer

I see a lot of comments. But keep in mind it's not our job to respond to the hundreds of requests for comments a week (20 or 30 a day sometimes!).

If it were the occasional request for comment, that would be one thing. But it could be a full time job giving instruction to the countless new users that show up here every day with their first camera.

I'm sorry you're offended that the site doesn't have a permanent staff to cater to your every critiquing need... hopefully you find that site where people give priority to offering their comments on your images over things that might be of interest to them, or even their jobs.

I almost got banned for commenting bad pictures. So i stopped. Sorry. =P

TPF is not a very good photo forum haha.

Like anything in life, you get out what you put in.

I almost got banned for commenting bad pictures. So i stopped. Sorry. =P
No, you almost got banned for acting like an ass.

This is a symptom of any photography forum that gets large - I garantee you that almost any large forum community will suffer from this effect either through its life or at key points. The simple thing is we have a lot of new members who are all very new to photography - this creates a massive number of people within the whole photographic hobby area who are learning and either unable or not confident to give back to the community. So they wait and hope for hte input of others - but the more experienced are far less in number. They don't get paid for it and they don't have all day to answer every single thread to their fullest so sadly some points get lost.

Mike is very right that you get out what you put in - heck have a look at the first link in my sig for an idea on what to put into a post to get out. A lot of people just post a photo and expect input - ok some input can be given, but I can garantee you that if you put up some words and such with that photo - show that you are thinking and serious then people are most likley to respond in kind back (especially when you are a new member to a site)

This is a symptom of any photography forum that gets large - I garantee you that almost any large forum community will suffer from this effect either through its life or at key points. The simple thing is we have a lot of new members who are all very new to photography - this creates a massive number of people within the whole photographic hobby area who are learning and either unable or not confident to give back to the community. So they wait and hope for hte input of others - but the more experienced are far less in number. They don't get paid for it and they don't have all day to answer every single thread to their fullest so sadly some points get lost.

Mike is very right that you get out what you put in - heck have a look at the first link in my sig for an idea on what to put into a post to get out. A lot of people just post a photo and expect input - ok some input can be given, but I can garantee you that if you put up some words and such with that photo - show that you are thinking and serious then people are most likley to respond in kind back (especially when you are a new member to a site)
Thank you....
I understand and like I said thank you for speaking words and making it clear. Anyway thank you for taking time to respond and giving your input.

To add to all above...
Newcomers are encouraged to search the forum b4 asking Qs. Almost every week question topics repeat them selves, so it is no wonder that many of us curtailed our response.
On CC it's sad that often you give a honest feedback on lighting, composition, settings, etc only to either get rebuked why what you're saying is wrong OR seeing another CC request from same person doing same mistakes, its basically wasting everybody's time.

It isn't any specifically against anyone else. There are photo schools available, mentors, etc etc. Feel free to use them and you'll probably get 411 constructive feedback then you want :D

Everyone is too busy whining... sorry, I mean posting about the lack of nudity on this site now.

Everyone is too busy whining... sorry, I mean posting about the lack of nudity on this site now.
just warn WHEN you're showing Nudity, I got kids around me :)

So i'm new here too, but if you are discouraged about your lack of critiques then can't you just send a private message OCCASSIONALLY to someone on this forum who's work you respect? My husband is constantly helping new photographers with their work. Almost every day.

I just lurk here mostly. But Ive noticed a decline in responses to C&C threads. Ive also noticed tons more C&C threads gettin posted.

With that being said, Ill continue to lurk since its soo easy to get lost in the shuffle.

So i'm new here too, but if you are discouraged about your lack of critiques then can't you just send a private message OCCASSIONALLY to someone on this forum who's work you respect? My husband is constantly helping new photographers with their work. Almost every day.
very true...:thumbup: thanks

ok so i understand this forum thing better. thanks for the responses guys.

Most reactions

Back