What's new

TLR Advice

jrk459er

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 27, 2007
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
Hey all,
I have used regular 35mm cameras and digital as well, I fully understand them and am comfortable with them. I now want to look at using TLRs. Any advice on brands of specific models? I am looking not to spend a load of money, I want am looking to spend 200 or less if possible.
 
Last edited:
mamiya c330, cheap as dirt on fleabay. Top quality gear that gives you top quality shots

Oh and make sure you have a good tripod, they weigh a ton
 
I've looked into the mamiya and it looks like it would work. I have also been told about Rolleicords and Flexarets, any feelings on those?
 
There's the Yashikamat and Minolta Autocord, or whatever it's called. Probably the best way to go would be the Mamiya 330 or 220 because of the interchangeable lenses and view finders, etc. And, although a worthy tripod is always a good idea with any camera, the Mamiyas are very hand holdable, and they have a smooth, quiet shutter.
 
Give yashica a try. I used to have the yashica "A" and it worked well and gave me good images.
have a happy!
 
Thanks so much for all of your advice! After two ebay losses, I just won a Yashica-D and I can't wait for it to get here!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom