to all my British friends...

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i was reading in one of my magazines .. it said, .. Mick Jagger was knighted by Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace on Dec 12.

what is the criteria for a "knightship" ?? :scratch:

i mean, wouldnt Ozzy Osbourne met the criteria as well? :crazy:

Hi Dew,

I don't know if anyone can help you with this one, it confuses the hell out of us over here. There does not seem to be any magic formula for success. I personally cannot believe that Mick was so willing to accept, just goes to show how we all mellow with age!

Sir Ozzy...nice one, would like to see that in the papers. :lol:

dont get me wrong, Mick Jagger is the man :lol: .. but a knight .. i dunno :scratch: ... sounds almost like their condoning his drug past and lifestyle to me ... "de-values" the title

but then again, if The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) can be governor, anything's possilble :lmao:

think i got a chance for President? :roll:

Mick Jagger has turned it down about twenty times of asking and Liz kept on offering it to him, the knighthood that is :roll: He and the other members of the band, namely Keith Richards, said they would never accept a knighthood/OBE/MBE etc.
So as to what the criteria is for getting one is anyone's guess.

*pouts out lips and does best jagger impression*

On the subject of condoning his drug taking past, I did hear that The Beatles smoked dope in the Palace bathroom when they went to collect their awards all those years ago.

Personally not being a Royalist I don't give a damn what the Royal Family thinks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back