To be fair to myself..

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like taking these kinds of pictures...
This was with my small camera I still carry with me at all times Canon SD900

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

This taken from my balcony in the Bahamas.

IMG_1933.jpg
IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

I do notice I take a lot of pictures of my youngest Son. The reason is because he likes me to take him picture, and my oldest almost ALWAYS blinks.
Those are with my old camera- no editing has been done to them..

Last edited:
158.jpg

There are with the new camera-

141.jpg
145.jpg

193.jpg
194.jpg

There I took at a par last week. With each shot I changed the ISO. I can't tell if it did anything..

035-1.jpg
037.jpg
036.jpg

So I guess I favor taking pictures with fewer people in them. I guess.. cause that is what the bulk of my pictures are.

She's explaining why she is unhappy with her new camera. That she can't get the same image quality she is used to with her P&S

No offense but whats the point of this thread?
I am sure you wanted to be offensive.. You knew the comment was. :raisedbrow: I sense DH doesn't play well with others. You know, I am pretty sure you can block me if you find my post to be... pointless.

Doesn't my small camera take better pictures than my new one?

I am sure you wanted to be offensive.. You knew the comment was. :raisedbrow: I sense DH doesn't play well with others. You know I am pretty sure you can block me if you find my post to be... pointless.

I really didn't but ok.....

I just did not get what you were trying to say with this thread from the original post. Sorry I dont read all you're other threads.

Last edited:
I am sure you wanted to be offensive.. You knew the comment was. :raisedbrow: I sense DH doesn't play well with others. You know, I am pretty sure you can block me if you find my post to be... pointless.

Well if you don't like your new camera I will sure take it ;-) lol But the thing is that you bite off more then you could chew. You don't know how to use it so you are giving up. This 7D takes much better pictures when you know how to use it. So you can either,
A- Give up and return it
B- Trudge forward and learn the camera
or C - take it back and get a entry level dslr.
ot you can always give it to me ;-) lol

Last edited:
Any reason why you shot the last scenes with the flash?

I'm sure we could get you up to par. But first, have you taken the time to read through a book like Understanding Exposure (considering thats where you are having issues)...?

Edit: For now, please disregard ISO. If you can go into the menu and set a max ISO of like 800 and then leave it be until you read a bit more about exposure, then you'll get less frustrated.

In another thread she explained how she asked for a better camera and the salesman sold her a 7d. The unsuspecting customer didn't know what she was getting into.

Getting a DSLR, for someone who may have never intended on getting into photography that deep, can be pretty daunting.

In another thread she explained how she asked for a better camera and the salesman sold her a 7d. The unsuspecting customer didn't know what she was getting into.

Getting a DSLR, for someone who may have never intended on getting into photography that deep, can be pretty daunting.
She does seem to enjoy taking alot of photos. SO with that in mind, it could only benefit her to have a superior piece of technology in her hand to do so.

Now Sunny, I'm not certain if you are, but you appear to be; impaitent. This is good, because people who are usually have the ability to pick things up fairly quickly.

You have a camera you can really grow into, we can only hope you have the hard drive to match.

I did?

I am not giving up. I WILL learn how to use this camera. I will not return it. Plus, I have had it a few months or so now, I can't return.

I do lack patience. = ) BIG TIME. I HATE not knowing how to use this camera. It's driving me crazy. That is why I give up and pull my old camera out.

Anyhow, as suggested I will get he books suggested. I have Canon EOS 7D Digital Field Guide. Umm, that isn't helping me. :blushing:
Thank you all! I will play with my camera as you suggest. Oh, I have read the little book that came with it.. I have learned nothing from that book. So don't think I have no taken advice. I will pick up the suggested books this week.

I did?

I am not giving up. I WILL learn how to use this camera. I will not return it. Plus, I have had it a few months or so now, I can't return.

I do lack patience. = ) BIG TIME. I HATE not knowing how to use this camera. It's driving me crazy. That is why I give up and pull my old camera out.

Anyhow, as suggested I will get he books suggested. I have Canon EOS 7D Digital Field Guide. Umm, that isn't helping me. :blushing:
Thank you all! I will play with my camera as you suggest. Oh, I have read the little book that came with it.. I have learned nothing from that book. So don't think I have no taken advice. I will pick up the suggested books this week.

:p playing with a camera and not knowing what you're doing... or what your camera is doing... is not gonna help you learn how to use it! sit down with your camera and your manual... put your camera in manual mode... figure out how to change your aperture and shutter speed (i remember in your other thread you said you only knew how to change your iso), learn to read the light meter, then simply take photos of objects around you. thats how i learned how to use my camera.

are you reading that book with your camera next to you? just reading it isn't gonna help you as much as reading and applying... or following the instructions. if you don't understand what the book is saying, try breaking it down.

i'm saying this in the nicest way possible... but i'm guessing the reason why you don't like your 7d's photos as much as your old P&S camera's is because your old camera does everything for you and you have no clue what you're doing with your 7d. go take some time, sit down with your camera and manual, and learn how to use it!

good luck! keep at it, and don't get discouraged

Most reactions

Back