To everyone looking for c&c

RockstarPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I see a lot of posts here looking for c&c. The fine people of this forum will be more then happy to help and give you the feedback you need. But please, give back what you get. I see there are some people (especially noobs) that JUST post to get c&c and give no feedback to other people wanting the same. If you want to get c&c'd. please, c&c other people too.......

plus, critiquing other peoples photo's will help you see what is wrong with yours....

Hmmm...you mean like, CC 3 for every 1 you post?

Do you think it's because if they are in the "NOOB" part of the forum asking for C&C that they may not feel like they should be giving anyone else C&C because they themselves are so new at it?

I know what your saying, just providing another thought process. Some people may not feel that they know enough to give anyone starting out advice as they are looking for experienced advice themselves.

Anyway, as far as forums go, its best if your going to post and hope others respond to you, to in turn post in other peoples threads. And a little more than "NEAT" or "THAT'S COOL" would be best. :D

Hmmm...you mean like, CC 3 for every 1 you post?

sure, why not!!!......This is, after all, a free site. And props to everybody who is a supporting member, I plan on supporting shortly when I get my finances in order. But especially, if your using this site for free at least give back more then you get.

just my opinion

Point well taken. I know there's times when I look at a thread and see that others are asking for C&C and I stay quiet. Not out of not wanting to, but out of not understanding enough about photography to effectively C&C.

I've always been taught that if you see a problem, and have no solution to said problem, then don't bring it up. So pretty much my C&C consists of saying I like or don't like something. Which in all honesty, isn't that constructive.

Do you think it's because if they are in the "NOOB" part of the forum asking for C&C that they may not feel like they should be giving anyone else C&C because they themselves are so new at it.

+1

I agree with this, while I'm still pretty new, and that's where some of it comes to as well. I mean, some of these guys posting are just like...Wow. I don't know what to look for. Granted, I'm finally starting to see things since I'm reading, shooting, and seeing other peoples opinions on others photo's. Thus, someone might have said ten fold what has already been said, and nothing more to say. =)

Overall, I understand what your saying, tho.

I don't really see it as that big a deal. What DOES annoy me is when someone posts a thread looking for C&C and when no one gives it after only an hour on the boards they start there annoying post bumps "anyone?" or "That bad?" or "C'mon, only one post?" Seriously, calm the fubar down and have some patience. Yeah, it bugs the crap outta me and guarentees that if I WAS going to give C&C I no longer am after that. :wink:

Brian

I don't really see it as that big a deal. What DOES annoy me is when someone posts a thread looking for C&C and when no one gives it after only an hour on the boards they start there annoying post bumps "anyone?" or "That bad?" or "C'mon, only one post?" Seriously, calm the fubar down and have some patience. Yeah, it bugs the crap outta me and guarentees that if I WAS going to give C&C I no longer am after that. :wink:

Brian

I've been a member of several forums before this one (non-photography related) and one thing that I always thought was immature was when people would do just that.

Or

They would ask for advice/C&C and when given said advice/C&C they didn't like what they heard and argued with everyone.

Anyway, as far as forums go, its best if your going to post and hope others respond to you, to in turn post in other peoples threads. And a little more than "NEAT" or "THAT'S COOL" would be best. :D

True, but if "neato!" is all you've got in you for whatever reason, I'm sure people would take that (and the thread bump that comes with it) over being ignored entirely.

I'd like to see more photo threads and less threads like this one.

True, but if "neato!" is all you've got in you for whatever reason, I'm sure people would take that (and the thread bump that comes with it) over being ignored entirely.

No doubt.
Guess I meant, don't just go around posting one word replies to everyone if you expect others to give you longer better replies. Try and find something to say. Like if you like it, why do you like it.

But you know what, sometimes Neato is all that needs to be said. :D

Do you think it's because if they are in the "NOOB" part of the forum asking for C&C that they may not feel like they should be giving anyone else C&C because they themselves are so new at it?

I know what your saying, just providing another thought process. Some people may not feel that they know enough to give anyone starting out advice as they are looking for experienced advice themselves.

I agree with you....I really don't know how to give C&C when I am a total noob myself...and most pictures I post are pretty bad so obviously I don't quite know what advice to give when I don't even know what it is they did wrong myself or what to do to fix fix it. All I can tell is if something is over exposed or out of focus....

I'd like to see more photo threads and less threads like this one.

I hate to double post but I just noticed yours and yes I agree....I keep going to threads thinking there is going to be a picture to look at and there isn't one, but the title makes is sound like there is one.

What about those of us who give C&C when we see something, yet receive very little in return? I seem to be one of those people... Out of the threads I've started asking for C&C I've never gotten more than 10 or so replies... I post in other peoples threads all the time. I've got 540 posts and the vast majority of those are c&C for other people...

It's a bit disheartening to post some stuff asking for C&C and see one reply "I think it's great!" after 24 hours...:grumpy:

What about those of us who give C&C when we see something, yet receive very little in return? I seem to be one of those people... Out of the threads I've started asking for C&C I've never gotten more than 10 or so replies... I post in other peoples threads all the time. I've got 540 posts and the vast majority of those are c&C for other people...

It's a bit disheartening to post some stuff asking for C&C and see one reply "I think it's great!" after 24 hours...:grumpy:

Yes that also is annoying but I guess that is just how it is. I know I have posted some stuff and only gotten like 1 reply....it almost makes me think....are my pictures really that bad ?....lol

Most reactions

Back