TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.carolinasoutdooor.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
tomatoes011.jpg

Yummy!
What are you going to do with all of these?
You can't eat tomato salad for days now, can you?
And the amount of tomato sauce you can make from these is also enormous!

Yummy!
What are you going to do with all of these?
You can't eat tomato salad for days now, can you?
And the amount of tomato sauce you can make from these is also enormous!
Bah, not enormous at all. That's like only 1 pot of chili there. Wouldn't last a week in my house. We have an entire winter to get through of chili, spaghetti, lasagna, sloppy joe, and hot sausage.

I'm extremely jealous. I ate 1 cherry tomato yesterday and I have 1 cherry tomato sitting in the kitchen. Lots of big green tomatoes out there now, but nothing close to being ready yet.

The corn is again, a big disappointment. Well, the whole garden is, but the tomatoes and corn are what matters. I was forced to start a project on the house (reinsulating from the outside, looking at $1000 per month to heat if I don't do it) and the garden has been neglected due to time constraints. The weeds are now taller than the corn. Weeds sucked up all the nutrients and hardly anything has grown at all.

Wish I knew what the previous owner did with his garden. I dug up 300+ pounds of potatoes and he had already dug 2/3rds of them himself. I had peaches gallor that you literally had to wear a bib to eat they were so juicy. His tomato plants were staked real nice and I literally could not reach the top of them. I plant a garden and I have 7 foot weeds and corn that barely reaches my waist.....

With Australian spring not too far away, I'm preparing the ground ready for the tomato plants...
I grow a variety of varieties... Our favourite is the Russian Tomato which is purple in colour and dee-licious...
Hmm - the two closest tomatoes in the pic look like they suffered Blossom End Rot... that occurs at flowering stage - sends the bottom (blush) of the tomato a gangrenous black...
Jedo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back