Todays Juvi Eagles

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I seem to have found a hot spot here in CT, but strangely it is all 1st and 2nd year eagles, There were 10-12 I saw in less than an hour. Had a few close fly bys. I stopped down quite a bit trying to get a little more sharpness and gave me some nervous bokeh, but it was a tough background on some of these with icy tree and not much separation. I still have my doubts about the AF in the D7100, even on the more boring shots with nothing but eagle in the frame it would only catch 1 in 8 or 9 frames that were really sharp. The eagles weren't flying particularly fast either... I should take the D300 out of retirement one of these days and do a head to head test... Anyways, here are a few I liked. A few of the shots aren't critically sharp but I liked them anyways... Comments welcome

Juvenile Bald Eagle 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvenile Bald Eagle 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvenile Bald Eagle 5 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvenile Bald Eagle 7 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvenile Bald Eagle 8 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

My favorites are the first and fifth. I like the sense of the hunt, that the last photo portrays. Did he flush out anything to eat while you were watching?

Kris, nice shots. I think I like the first one the best. I think that you did pretty well on the sharpness of these and the bokeh is not too bad, IMHO.

WesternGuy

I just love the pattern that Juvi Balds have, I think its just awesome. We have tons of Balds in our valley here, yet I never see any juvis

Gorgeous. The second is my favorite.

Awesome shots, I really love #1 and #5.

I only wish I could take pics like you.

Went to flicker and looked at these full screen. It looks like, in#5, it is carrying a fish or at least a part of one. I pick #s 1 and 4. Beautiful!

Thanks everyone!
Went to flicker and looked at these full screen. It looks like, in#5, it is carrying a fish or at least a part of one. I pick #s 1 and 4. Beautiful!
I like #1 for the sheer beauty of the bird and I agree #5 looks like he may have something in his talons…..Very nice :)
This spot I found had a Striped Bass die off a 4 weeks ago in a small tidal creek where the water temp dropped too far too fast. The eagle in the last picture had one of the bass carcasses in it's talons..

Most reactions

Back