Sharing Some Photos

jaree2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wanted to share some of the photos I've taken over the last few years. I've really enjoyed photography as a newfound hobby and it has been great for our vacations and adventures - as going through and editing photos afterwards has helped to take the sting out of the vacation itself ending! Currently shooting with a Canon Rebel XSi, stock lens, and 60mm macro lens. I'd love to get a telephoto lens in the near future, but taking baby steps with equipment.

I've gained a lot out of reading this forum over the last year, so thank you for such a great resource. I have no aspirations of becoming a professional photographer, but I enjoy it as a hobby and would love to improve - so please critique, I'd love some constructive criticism as you see fit to help improve my skills.

Thanks for looking!

Monochamus

Shells

Giant Slide

Rainbow over Bar Harbor

Acadia Storm

Liberty Cap

Aspens

Elephant Back Trail

Willow Flats Sunset

Seedhead

White Sands

Hall of Giants

Scolopendra

Roswell Storm

Some nice photos, I like the seedhead and hall of giants. Few too many images to give any real critique on. If you want serious critique just post 2 or 3 images max.
The last image is probably the worst of the bunch, there's no subject and with very few exceptions, power lines in photos are ugly.

You would make it easier for someone to critique your images if you numbered them. There are far too many here to critique without having some way of referring to a particular image. Fokker suggestions of just posting a few is a good one. If you think about it, you have posted 15 images. For anyone to provide a proper, decent, relevant critique of a single image will take about 2 to 5 minutes, so you are asking folks to pend 30 to 75 minutes evaluating your images. Most people will not spend this amount of time, so posting 2 to 3 (max 5) images and numbering them will probably get you some decent critique. Just a suggestion, that's all.

WesternGuy

You would make it easier for someone to critique your images if you numbered them. There are far too many here to critique without having some way of referring to a particular image. Fokker suggestions of just posting a few is a good one. If you think about it, you have posted 15 images. For anyone to provide a proper, decent, relevant critique of a single image will take about 2 to 5 minutes, so you are asking folks to pend 30 to 75 minutes evaluating your images. Most people will not spend this amount of time, so posting 2 to 3 (max 5) images and numbering them will probably get you some decent critique. Just a suggestion, that's all.

WesternGuy

Some nice photos, I like the seedhead and hall of giants. Few too many images to give any real critique on. If you want serious critique just post 2 or 3 images max.
The last image is probably the worst of the bunch, there's no subject and with very few exceptions, power lines in photos are ugly.

Sorry about that - admittedly it looked much less intimidating with just the url text before posting! I appreciate the feedback and completely understand - in light of that, I picked one image I would love some feedback on; I often have trouble taking photos in low light settings, but especially in settings of varying light intensities (i.e. a forest). I spend a lot of time in the woods and would love to get into photography of birds, but feel I need to improve on general techniques in this kind of lighting. Any feedback or tips you could provide would be great - thanks again and hopefully this one will be a little more manageable!

Jack

Took a shot at some birds today, using a 55-250mm lens. I knew going into it 250mm probably would not quite cut it, and my camera body doesn't quite have the MP to allow me to crop down to where I'd like. Still pretty fun though, thought I would share a couple results from the day.

This is my first time using a telephoto lens - the biggest problem I noted was not trusting the auto mode on these shots; usually resulted in a longer shutter speed and some of the blurrier shots. Thanks for looking.

Most reactions

Back