What's new

Tomato Sauce AD

danielsmith4213

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Location
Mudgeeraba, Queensland, Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been given a task at university to do an advertising photo.
Does this photo say what I think it says? I'm trying to say that Anything tastes good with this tomato sauce, but I don't know if it's good enough... Help!! it's due tomorrow :-P

IMG_0134-Edit.jpg
 
That's not what I am getting from this photo. Since it is a food ad I would make everything in the ad appetizing.
 
The big problem for me is that I can't identify what is under the tomato sauce.
 
is that suppose to be a muffin?
Oh...yeah, maybe that's it. Makes more sense, because I thought it was a turtle...

At any rate...no, I don't get the "this tomato sauce makes everything taste better" feeling from this...I get..."What IS that thing, and why is it covered with tomato sauce??"
I'd rather see some REALLY appealing with the tomato sauce on it...on the other hand, I don't really LIKE tomato sauce (well, ketchup, but this looks like the same thing) so I may not be the best judge of an ad photo for it.
 
I have a couple of minor quibbles.

1. What exactly is under the tomato sauce?
2. Why use a 'used' bottle? The wrinkles in the line make it look old and unappealing.
3. I don't like the light reflection on th bottle. It's distracting.

I wouldn't submit this particular shoot if you're trying to convey the message you want. Just doesn't cut the mustard for me. :lol:
 
Just a suggestion: Vanilla cupcake still in the cupcake wrapper, no frosting, with a nice neat swirly of Tomato Sauce.
 
Just a suggestion: Vanilla cupcake still in the cupcake wrapper, no frosting, with a nice neat swirly of Tomato Sauce.

I like this idea thanks, I agree that you can't figure out what the food is. It's actually a meat pie (an Australian thing) that I've purposely burned, though in hindsight this is a pretty dumb idea.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom