Tomatos are of the devil...

who knew so many people didnt like tomatoes?
before chris told me he didnt like them, id never heard of anyone who disliked them.

bring on the tomatoes!!!!!!!!

I call for the immediate banning of Rachelsne and BobblyBill, as they are obviously not..."all there"... Hertz, prepare the padded room, Avis is getting company.

:lmao:

I second that!

Jeez, Joe, why'd you wait around? Why haven't you banned them yet?

...oh, wait, it's me with that power.

*skips off to mod panel to rid the planet (yes, the planet...my mod powers are that strong) of weird tomato-hating freaks*

(...the word 'freaks' is intended in the nicest way possible. ;) :p )

Funny how the exact opposite thread popped up on the RC forum I frequent. The original post complained of ordering a BLT and only getting a BL :D

I can understand not liking store-bought tomatoes, but not liking fresh, straight out of the garden tomatoes should be punishable by law. :soapbox:

Definitely, further than by law. This is where capital punishment should be global!

Just worked on weeding around the tomato plants. I have 18 reg. tomato and 6 cherry tomato plants. The only thing more important in my garden is the 10 rows of corn.

My babies....

The most important part of summer, getting these little guys to grow and produce. From June 6th. A few more inches now and they'll be the "knee high by the 4th of July"
20080606CornDSCF6030.jpg

The 2nd most important part of summer. Chili in the winter with garden tomatoes anyone? Nothing in the world is better except for yanking the corn off the stalk and cooking straight away.
20080531TomatoplantDSCF5924.jpg

The 2nd most important part of summer. Chili in the winter with garden tomatoes anyone? Nothing in the world is better except for yanking the corn off the stalk and cooking straight away.

Amen on the corn negative on the tomatos in the chili... sorry but that ruins a great bowl of chili...

One of my favorites is getting a garden-fresh tomato, slicing it up real thick, sprinkling some salt on each slice, and then just eating the tomato, as is! It doesn't work with all tomatoes. They have to be really ripe, where the inside is just as dark as the outside.:drool:

Now the one thing I can't understand anyone liking is onions. How anyone could eat something that smells like that is beyond me. If its in something where I can't taste that onioniness, then I don't care. But RAW!?! It makes me upset to think about it!!!

Now the one thing I can't understand anyone liking is onions. How anyone could eat something that smells like that is beyond me. If its in something where I can't taste that onioniness, then I don't care. But RAW!?! It makes me upset to think about it!!!

Onions are great! Bring on the onions and garlic too. :drool:

Amen on the corn negative on the tomatos in the chili... sorry but that ruins a great bowl of chili...
Eh? What in the world do you make chili out of then? I've never had chili that the first and main ingredient wasn't some type of tomato whether fresh or in canned crushed tomato variety...

It's impossible to make chili out of anything but starting out with tomatos.

Grilled tomatos. Yum.

I'd hate to hear what some of your people don't like if you don't like tomatos.

Asparagus
Mushrooms
Brussel Sprouts
Spinach
collard Greens
kael
Plantains, fried or otherwise
green beans
squash
eggplant
zuchinni
avacado
onion
leeks

those are all great.

Eh? What in the world do you make chili out of then? I've never had chili that the first and main ingredient wasn't some type of tomato whether fresh or in canned crushed tomato variety...

It's impossible to make chili out of anything but starting out with tomatos.

Yeah really.

I don't like kidney beans in my chili, but real chili doesn't have then anyways.

I like tomatoes on grilled cheese sanwiches and also on quesadillas. Oh and fried green tomatoes

I like tomatoes on grilled cheese sanwiches and also on quesadillas. Oh and fried green tomatoes

On grilled cheese sammiches? That's....weird.

...maybe I should try it someday. :p

My favorite way to eat it, as someone else has already mentioned, is fresh from the garden, sliced with a little salt. YUMMMMM!

Damn, I wish I had a tomato right now!

yeah a tomatoes on a swammich is different, but it taste good. I also usually put a little horseradish sauce stuff on there too.

This is making me hungry. My friends garden damned well better be producing tomatoes like he plans it to I'm starving for them now.

This is making me hungry. My friends garden damned well better be producing tomatoes like he plans it to I'm starving for them now.

This is like when you're craving a tomato, so you go to the store and pick one out, get it home, slice it up, and its barely red on the inside and flavorless... ARRGH!

I agree, there is NOTHING like a garden tomato. Without having to ship, you can pick them when they're more ripe and flavorful... Just rinse them off, slice them up and CHOW DOWN!

My girlfriend likes to slice em and put them on bread with miracle whip...gross.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back