What's new

Tonight's Lighthouse Trip

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I work at a marine science summer camp, but we also do lighthouse trips to the New London Ledge Light during the summer. I've deckhanded a many, and tonight was another nice evening, but I brought my D800 and a few lenses. Here's my two favorite from the night, but there's 4 or 5 more on my Flickr if you want to see the full set.



As Seen From Inside
As Seen From Inside by f_one_eight, on Flickr

The Light by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake
 
Last edited:
Nobody likes lighthouses and boats?
 
First would be better without the pole on top, I like the second. Great colors and detail!
 
First would be better without the pole on top, I like the second. Great colors and detail!

Totes. I wish I hadn't clipped it in both. The boat was rockin' enough to make a perfect composition really difficult. Sadly.

Jake
 
Cannot load the first picture.
I like the colorful front elements of the second picture. The background seems a little distracting to me.
 
Cannot load the first picture.
I like the colorful front elements of the second picture. The background seems a little distracting to me.

I intentionally framed it that way to include the lighthouse, as that was the mission of our trip :)

Jake
 
Cannot load the first picture.
I like the colorful front elements of the second picture. The background seems a little distracting to me.

I intentionally framed it that way to include the lighthouse, as that was the mission of our trip :)

Jake

I just saw the first picture on my computer. I agree with Matt, prefer the second one.
 
Cannot load the first picture.
I like the colorful front elements of the second picture. The background seems a little distracting to me.

I intentionally framed it that way to include the lighthouse, as that was the mission of our trip :)

Jake

I just saw the first picture on my computer. I agree with Matt, prefer the second one.


Same. It OOF adds to the focus on the lines, and the slight tilt of the boat really emphasizes that we were on the water. The better picture for sure.

Jake
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom