Tonights Moon

The edges of the clouds are way too sharp. They're vapor, not islands in the ocean, and the light isn't convincing.

I don't see the accuracy of the moon looking like it is in front of the clouds (which really do look pasted on) and other food for thought, but think how big those clouds would have to be to be in that same aspect to the size of the moon. The moon is a bit over-cooked in the first iteration but better in the second. Sometimes you just have to stay inside when it rains.

I have others where the moon is partially behind the clouds.... and the cloud are not pasted in, but did lose some detail around the edges while working with them. I am not a photoshop wiz... still learning the app. This started out as an exercise to show my girlfriend how to work with layers a little bit, and I thought I would throw it up for fun. Thanks for the comments!

Sharon, I'm disappointed in you. Getting out and shooting the moon with that new 4000mm lens you got would have been awesome. (Yeah, I know it's not that long but still would have gotten great shots).

VERY nice, Charlie! I thought about going out and trying some shots but...well, I didn't. That's all, I just didn't do it. :D
I'll just admire yours instead and pretend I could have gotten anything half that good.

Should be even better tonight... so no excuse, just do it! lol! Thanks! (and you have the 500... you should rock the moon shoots!)

Lol, I know, I know--I haven't even attempted a moon shot with this new lens! But it didn't happen last night either. At least I had a good excuse this time--cloud cover, way too much of it. Couldn't actually SEE the moon, which I find to be a bit of a deterrent in taking pictures of it.

I did got out for a little bit around 1am, was just going to shoot handheld. The moon was visible when I went out... so went and got camera, got back and it was behind clouds. I called it a night... lol!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back