What's new

Tonights Moon

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 18, 2011
Messages
17,142
Reaction score
4,350
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$_DSC2484-WEB-.webp

HDR Composite

$_DSC2510-CROPweb1.webp
 
Last edited:
Love the shot with the clouds... I'm so bummed. I'm on vacation and didn't want to carry around my 70-200mm..I'm kicking myself now!!
 
Love the shot with the clouds... I'm so bummed. I'm on vacation and didn't want to carry around my 70-200mm..I'm kicking myself now!!

Thanks! It didn't come out exactly as planned.. but I like it! Hope you are enjoying vacation!
 
Nice job Charlie. Being at your altitude, you were closer than I was able to get.
 
Sharon, I'm disappointed in you. Getting out and shooting the moon with that new 4000mm lens you got would have been awesome. (Yeah, I know it's not that long but still would have gotten great shots).
 
Nice shot Charlie; I have to admit when I saw the title and your name I was a little bit nervous clicking on the thread! ;)
 
Nice job Charlie. Being at your altitude, you were closer than I was able to get.

Yea... I was several thousand feet closer! lol! Thanks Ron!
 
VERY nice, Charlie! I thought about going out and trying some shots but...well, I didn't. That's all, I just didn't do it. :D
I'll just admire yours instead and pretend I could have gotten anything half that good.

Should be even better tonight... so no excuse, just do it! lol! Thanks! (and you have the 500... you should rock the moon shoots!)
 
Nice shot Charlie; I have to admit when I saw the title and your name I was a little bit nervous clicking on the thread! ;)

I can only imagine! lol! Thanks!
 
I was hoping to shoot the moon tonight... but we have too much rain, and some wicked thunder going on. Dang it! lol!

Slight different (more accurate) take on the composite...

$_DSC2510-CROPweb1bright.webp
 
I don't see the accuracy of the moon looking like it is in front of the clouds (which really do look pasted on) and other food for thought, but think how big those clouds would have to be to be in that same aspect to the size of the moon. The moon is a bit over-cooked in the first iteration but better in the second. Sometimes you just have to stay inside when it rains.
 
Sharon, I'm disappointed in you. Getting out and shooting the moon with that new 4000mm lens you got would have been awesome. (Yeah, I know it's not that long but still would have gotten great shots).

VERY nice, Charlie! I thought about going out and trying some shots but...well, I didn't. That's all, I just didn't do it. :D
I'll just admire yours instead and pretend I could have gotten anything half that good.

Should be even better tonight... so no excuse, just do it! lol! Thanks! (and you have the 500... you should rock the moon shoots!)

Lol, I know, I know--I haven't even attempted a moon shot with this new lens! But it didn't happen last night either. At least I had a good excuse this time--cloud cover, way too much of it. Couldn't actually SEE the moon, which I find to be a bit of a deterrent in taking pictures of it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom