Too Cold for Animals

Wonderful photos, all of the 4th shots is good.
Regards

Over all, not a bad set. There's one problem that all of the photos have though - your shutter speed was waaaaaay too slow! This is creating motion blur of varying degrees in all of the photos (the least in the python and the most in the red panda). For handheld shots, a general guideline to follow is to use your focal length to decide your shutter speed. For example, if you were shooting with a 60mm lens, shoot at 1/60 sec or faster to freeze the action. For a 100mm lens, use 1/100 sec or faster. Once you become more skilled at holding the camera still, you can begin to experiment with slower shutter speeds and get satisfactory results. Do you have a tripod you can use? That would eliminate camera shake for the most part, but it won't make much of a difference if the animals are the ones that are moving.

For the most part your color is pretty good (I love the vibrancy of the macaw), however the white balance of the owl and the python are a bit off, giving them a funky-colored cast. Here's a edit of the owl shot that I've very quickly color-corrected:

aa8084.jpg

Keep practicing! :)

Natalie- Thanks for the tips. These were all shot with a Tri-pod, no flash and low light conditions. Used the fastest shutter speed i could while keeping the iso down. Couldn't get those animals to stay still to save my life! Except for the snake. He just layed there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back