Too dark or OK? (Help to resolve an argument :))) )

This picture is...

• Total voters

look

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My fellow photographer and I have an argument if this picture should be brighter or not. What do you think? I would very much appreciate you input. Thank you!

image-display

I disagree, in theory. If you look at the colors on the trees in the forest, the greens are actually just right. It looks just like the forests around here. The problem is that the totems are in the middle of a forest, so they are not going to get a lot of light, so the totems appear to dark because they are in shadow in a forest. So you could lighten it up so the totems are lighter, but then your forest will be way off.

So I am voting that it is ok, because it appears to me to be properly exposed for the lighting conditions that were.

oriecat said:
I disagree, in theory. If you look at the colors on the trees in the forest, the greens are actually just right. It looks just like the forests around here. The problem is that the totems are in the middle of a forest, so they are not going to get a lot of light, so the totems appear to dark because they are in shadow in a forest. So you could lighten it up so the totems are lighter, but then your forest will be way off.

So I am voting that it is ok, because it appears to me to be properly exposed for the lighting conditions that were.

I would think that because the statue is subject in this photo, the exposure should be for set for the statues.

One of the arguments is that the picture may lose some mood as dark lighting should create a creepy mood that suits the devil. And on the contrary, there is an argument that a person who has not seen the statue loses much information because one cannot properly see the details. Would you care to say smth on this account?

Thank you very much for your comments :)

I think it's too dark because I can't see much detail in anything.

You should brighten it up and add contrast in Photoshop.

Thank you for your comments, opinions, and - I must admit - quite an unexpected "input" (Neo) :lol: Thus, the devil is doomed to step out into the light a little more :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back