Too Good To Be True

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I should've known my favorite place to take pictures was too good to be true. The 2nd shot is one of the last taken at my favorite place to take pictures. The property owners shut it all down and had the sheriff enforce it. Here he is telling some other people playing with their dogs to be on their merry, also.
341 (2).jpg

This place is going to be sorely missed. Farewell, Mr. Blue.
089 (2) GBH in reeds.jpg

Life goes on, today I got the kayak out and hit the backwaters of Tampa Bay to see what critters were hanging around the mangroves. Even though the lighting is rough among the mangroves I had a pretty good day I think.

1 (the other "three amigos.") Is that "the three stink eyes" I detect? lol!
104 three pelican cv (2).jpg

214 White Egret in mangroves cv (2).jpg

248 Green heron in mangroves cv (2).jpg

272 boat birds in trees cv (2).jpg

303 Green heron inside mangrove cv (2).jpg

343 white egret on branch cv (2).jpg

372 white egret looking at me cv (2).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 343 white egret on branch cv (2).jpg
    343 white egret on branch cv (2).jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 156
Shame you lost your site, what harm do we as photographers do. I could understand it if you were using a supper 2meg mm zoom lens to read the post. Or were tearing up the place digging holes to level tripods.... what do you mean you don’t dig a hole to level the tripod...
Love the images

very good shots... such a variety of beauties

Good set.......
Shame you lost your site, what harm do we as photographers do. I could understand it if you were using a supper 2meg mm zoom lens to read the post. Or were tearing up the place digging holes to level tripods.... what do you mean you don’t dig a hole to level the tripod...
Love the images
very good shots... such a variety of beauties

Thanks, everyone.

The rumor is they leased the property out to Toro for testing their lawn mowers and they put up no trespassing signs but certain people kept taking the signs down for the last two months and that's why I never saw any such sign. No big deal, I'll still get pictures elsewhere, just not as many I don't think.

Last edited:
that's very annoying, in the UK we have a "Right to roam", and spesifically in Scotland the right to roam is pretty extensive. I can see why a lot of land owners don't like it, but for the common man it's a very valuable right that lets you access and enjoy the countryside. It's not a licence to do anything, there are reponsibilities on anyone accessing the land to excercise they conduct themselves well.

You've done a cracking job from your kayak though!

Know Before You Go: Scotland's Right to Roam - Traveling Savage

“very annoying, in the UK we have a "Right to roam", ”

No wonder I see the photographers In UK just roaming the hillsides - even through obviously fenced pastures. Everywhere I go around here(US) I see “ no trespassing”

sorry you lost your spot. Good pictures!

I should've known my favorite place to take pictures was too good to be true. The 2nd shot is one of the last taken at my favorite place to take pictures. The property owners shut it all down and had the sheriff enforce it. Here he is telling some other people playing with their dogs to be on their merry, also.
View attachment 188327

This place is going to be sorely missed. Farewell, Mr. Blue.
View attachment 188328
Life goes on, today I got the kayak out and hit the backwaters of Tampa Bay to see what critters were hanging around the mangroves. Even though the lighting is rough among the mangroves I had a pretty good day I think.

1 (the other "three amigos.") Is that "the three stink eyes" I detect? lol!
View attachment 188329
View attachment 188330
View attachment 188332
View attachment 188333
View attachment 188334
View attachment 188336
View attachment 188337

Thanks for looking!
Very nice set!

I see those signs that say no trespassing.... never did understand what they meant... ok joking aside we are very fortunate in that we have right to walk through land owners land and the public foot path system is quite large.
Years ago when I was fit I used to belong to scouts and one of the things we did was to use these pathways and clear them so others could use them. I think the would would go mad now if they saw a group of teen age lads and lasses carrying axas,large chopping knives out cutting back the overgrowth on a foot path

Yeah, some tough luck.
Great set of images.

I see those signs that say no trespassing.... never did understand what they meant... ok joking aside we are very fortunate in that we have right to walk through land owners land and the public foot path system is quite large.
Years ago when I was fit I used to belong to scouts and one of the things we did was to use these pathways and clear them so others could use them. I think the would would go mad now if they saw a group of teen age lads and lasses carrying axas,large chopping knives out cutting back the overgrowth on a foot path

Thank you for the compliments. I think some people are getting the wrong idea about this. To put this in a better perspective. The land used to be a golf course (Caloosa Creek Country Club) smack in the middle of a neighborhood that stretched for over 2 miles. It is sectioned off by the neighborhood streets that run in between but each section is accessible by solid paved pathways made for gold carts that connect to public sidewalks. If one were to walk down the sidewalk they would see the paved path and think it was meant for the public to walk on if they didn't know about the golf course being there, especially since there were no signs indicating anything. People did this for years after the golf club shut down without the owners complaining, putting up any signs/barriers to block the entrances long before this incident and everyone got used to it, including the owners. Then, according to the sheriff, they leased the old golf course out to Toro and that's when the trouble began. People let their dogs run loose there and probably got in their way so they complained to the owners about peoples dogs. After years of letting everyone be on their property without complaint they suddenly had a problem with it, something they probably didn't foresee. So, now they reacted and put up signs and dog owners (I'm assuming it was them) took the signs down and proceeded to do what they were used to doing. I think they felt since they had done this for years no one was going to stop them now. Because they kept taking the signs down not everyone was aware that the owners weren't OK with them being on their land any longer, me included, so it was a surprise and shock to have a sheriff speeding toward you across the grass and accuse you of trespassing. I'm just glad he wasn't handing out tickets for trespassing but he probably didn't because he knew not everyone saw the signs and that they freely let the public access their land for years.
14310_13579_yardage_map_1.jpg

Last edited:
There is here at least a problem in that if the public can prove that they have had access over land for.....not saying....
Amount of time, they can claim access rights. I encountered this problem in the past. At least your law officer was decent and told you to leave. I think most are unless you get mouthy and have a go at them. I know when I worked in education and people parked in the school grounds if people were mouthy and had a go at me I would lock them in.

Sorry you lost your favorite spot to shoot. Can you ask the HOA for an exemption?

Sorry you lost your favorite spot to shoot. Can you ask the HOA for an exemption?

Thanks. I thought about that and I have my doubts about it, people would complain and whine that I'm allowed to and not them and make things worse for the owners but it can't hurt to ask.

There is here at least a problem in that if the public can prove that they have had access over land for.....not saying....
Amount of time, they can claim access rights. I encountered this problem in the past. At least your law officer was decent and told you to leave. I think most are unless you get mouthy and have a go at them. I know when I worked in education and people parked in the school grounds if people were mouthy and had a go at me I would lock them in.
Are you saying you held people hostage against their will?

Most reactions

Back