Too red when printing. Help?

.Serenity.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got some lab prints back and everything seems too red and some parts are very washed out.

Here is a before and after of the same image.
50 mm, F2.8, ISO 100, 1/160

Before
smaIMG_6138.jpg

And After

smIMG_6138.jpg

I dont add any color into the image, I brightend up the RAW file, dropped the RAW contrast, switched to RGB mode, and upped the contrast and then dropped the saturations some. I converted it to a jpeg, then opened it in gimp, sharpened it a bit ( around the eyes mostly) and resized it.
Anything else i can do that will help or make it less red. I sent the after image to the lab and its very red around her face.

Also here are 2 images i used as test prints for the lab. Both came back washed out and red. Now im sure that its on my end, they are a professional lab. My monitor says they look allright, my printer says they look allright but the lab dosent. The washed out areas are around the cheecks and nose, and the rest of the faces look quite red.

So any PP ideas i can do for help?
Thank you for any ideas that might help me out here.

smIMG_7541.jpg

aIMG_7668.jpg

What I see on my monitor is not quite what you see on yours. You need to have your monitor calibrated for, at the very least, a linear profile.

Your after image isn't bad at all. I like it, except for the hotspots and blowouts, the eyes look nice.

What I see on my monitor is not quite what you see on yours. You need to have your monitor calibrated for, at the very least, a linear profile.

Your after image isn't bad at all. I like it, except for the hotspots and blowouts, the eyes look nice.

And how do i do that?

they are a tad red on my screen.... in particular the faces.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back