Tools of the trade

cpeay

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_MG_7366.jpg

Confirmed, You are a Deputy Sheriff with a yearly salary of $39,374 and a liar rating of 0 ;)

We better get some photos of those K9s!

Crap...I need a raise

I wanted the badge and the cuffs to stand out more than the gun.

Ok, it worked ... though I think the K9 should have been moved a little to the right.

Looks like maybe there was a little bit of movement in the long exposure causing a loss of sharpness. Up the contrast a bit and use the healing tool to clean up lint on your background cloth.

Psssst... not a good idea to post photos with the serial number on the firearm.

400648805.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like maybe there was a little bit of movement in the long exposure causing a loss of sharpness. Up the contrast a bit and use the healing tool to clean up lint on your background cloth.

400648805.jpg

Nice edit..thanks

Does it really matter?

I guess since we have a Sheriff's Deputy on the thread, he would be the one to answer - What harm could come from a "criminal" knowing the serial number of one of your guns? Is it something we should worry about, or is it no big deal?

I like the picture, BTW. A little surprised that they issued you a High Power (not that it's a 'bad' choice or anything - just figured they would go with something more modern). Or do you get to choose your own weapon?

Does it really matter?

Only if you want to go through the hassle of explaining that it is your gun when some miscreant files the number as stolen for insurance fraud when you go to sell it or trade it in.

Didn't think of that. Thanks.

That's one of those been there done that experiences where some dirt bag at a sporting clays shoot wrote down SN to the shotguns sitting in racks and then turned them in as stolen to his insurance company. Took about 2 years before it was finally figured out what he had done only after club members were talking amongst themselves. Took a while, but dirtbag was busted.

Cpeay, thanks for the dirty work you have to sometimes do. I always appreciate when someone carrying your tools walks up behind me at a call and has my back.

Does it really matter?

I guess since we have a Sheriff's Deputy on the thread, he would be the one to answer - What harm could come from a "criminal" knowing the serial number of one of your guns? Is it something we should worry about, or is it no big deal?

I like the picture, BTW. A little surprised that they issued you a High Power (not that it's a 'bad' choice or anything - just figured they would go with something more modern). Or do you get to choose your own weapon?

Thats not my duty weapon. My duty weapon has wear marks on it and does not look as nice. Browning's headquarters is in my county and gave us the 9mm's for an off duty weapon. My duty weapon is a Glock.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back