top two photography magazines?

andress

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to get a subscription. What the top two?

Shutterbug, and I can't think of a second one.

Shutterbug is the best, and, if you enjoy lanscape photography, Outdoor Photography. And Digital Photography is a pretty good magazine.

when I set up my business, I get that mail about cheap subscription. Kinda like at doctor offices. I just picked the 2 photography magazines on there. American Photo and Popular Photography. They seem pretty good. Im looking for one that is more specific toward wedding industry next.

Are there any magazines that specialize in glamour in photography? (besides Maxim :) )

I also get Popular Photography and American Photo because I got some cheap coupons for them.

There's so many but I'd have to say my favorites would be LensWork and Aperture. Probably not the top 2 as far as the market goes. I also like Outdoor Photographer, American Photo and B&W + Color.

I'm in the UK, so may not be too much help, but here we have "PhotoPlus - Canon edition", which is good because it focusses {sic} on all things Canon - Bodies / Lenses / etc as well as all the other things that other magazines do. So the one in front of me covers Techniques - D-DSLR skills and shortcuts for improving your shots today; Quick fixes for taking stunning portrait photos; Add motion to motors / Car photo skills; Underwater photo techniques, together with in-depth review of All-in-one superzooms (Canon EF-S 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS; Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS; Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM; Sigma 18-125mm f/3.8-5.6 DC OS HSM; Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM; Sigma 18-250mmf/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM; Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 D1 II VC PZD (Best on Test); Tamron 29-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC
Also they do a different Reader + Expert session each month - This month "Help me buy an ND filter".
They are here: www.photoplusmag.com/

Another good one for Canon - I assume available in the USA - is the "EOS magazine" - but this is very Canon. They are here: EOS magazine for Canon SLR owners

I would caution care - Try before you buy a subscription. I am just reading Digital Camera Magazine and got annoyed because they produced what should have been a good article on post processing 2 images into a single one with perfect exposure, but then told you what settings to use in photoshop without discussing the reasons behind those adjustments.
I also got annoyed because they assumed that everybody likes "Creamy Water". I don't :grumpy:

Best Wishes
Bob

Thanks for the replies. Are these subscriptions ones that are bought through the company only or can i get it at a discount online magazine rack?

The only two photography magazines I enjoy are B&W, and Color.. but I think they merged into one magazine called B&W+Color. It's one of the few magazines that concentrates more on photos than gear.

Shutterbug, and I can't think of a second one.
Shutterbug is the best
OpoQQ.jpg

Are you even serious right now?

Most reactions

Back