Tore my film on accident

timothy.torres

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I normally shoot on a DSLR so I'm pretty unexperienced in the do's and don't's in film. I was unloading some film on a Minolta x-700 and doing so by winding the film with the rewind crank and it tore my film. I wrapped up the torn film in toilet paper and covered that in foil but now I don't know what to do next to save my exposures. Please help!

Hope you did that in the dark, if not your not going to save them all. You need to find some one to develop the film for you.

Sounds like you did not release the film takeup sprocket by pressing the button located on the bottom of the camera before you started rewinding.
You probably heard/felt a lot of resistance, and some crunching noises (as the film sprocket holes got torn).
If you did not keep the camera back open for tooo long, and (as ann mentioned) you found a dark place to remove the film ... some shots at the beginning of the roll may come out. If you didn't remove in a dark area ... then don't bother developing the roll.

You will have to find a photo lab that will hand load the film into another canister to load into their processor.

Why is this in the Digital forum?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back