Torn

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Long story short, I need money. Granted, we all do, but I'm really quite feeling the noose tighten around my neck atm.

I'm going back to school in a month, and have been working (somewhat sporadically) during the summer. I counted on working more than I have been, and that $550 I dropped on my camera and equipment has since rendered me not even able to afford books with what's left over + what i've earned since, if my prediction proves even close to accurate. Not only do I have books to pay for, but I'm also moving into a house with 3 friends of mine, and we'll have stuff to buy together that we need....kitchen utensils/appliances, stuff like that.

So basically, I need another $500. I could either

-Ask my parents if I could borrow $500, then as I get set up at my job, pay them off bit by bit. It's not so much that I won't have an income, I have a ridiculously easy schedule (practically a 4 day weekend) so I cna work during the year, it's just that it'll be quite tight for the first month or so. Thing is, I'm basically moving out, and I don't want to ask for any more money from them..they're already helping me out with tuition, rent, etc, and though they are more than willing to do that, I don't really want to start my 'independantising' with any more money-aid than I have to.
-Sell my drumkit. Even though it's in beat-up shape, that could net me around $500, maybe a bit less, but certainly enough to get me past the books + initial house-stuff phase and last the two weeks until I start getting paid at my job down there. Problem is with this, that my dad, mom, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc. all combined to buy me that for one christmas present 7 years ago, and even though it hasn't even been used in 2-3 years, I'd still feel guilty pawning it off when I can just borrow money, and they'v always said I can, etc.

*groan* I love that camera, but man is it making things difficult

I wish I just need $500.

I know how you feel... my situation was very simmilar... my parents bought me a flat a couple of years ago.. the flat was empty for a long time - they didn't want to move out and I was too young. now I am moving in and I feel terrible borrrowing cash from them or asking for help with decorating or buying appliances. but I counted everything at the beginning of the summer holidays and I was able to buy a camera+lenses and now I still have a few $$ to start. but I keep on working a lot.

I think you should ask them for money and give it back as soon as possible... they will see that you are not only taking cash from them. they will notice that you are responsible and can give the money back

mentos_007 said:
I know how you feel... my situation was very simmilar... my parents bought me a flat a couple of years ago.. the flat was empty for a long time - they didn't want to move out and I was too young. now I am moving in and I feel terrible borrrowing cash from them or asking for help with decorating or buying appliances. but I counted everything at the beginning of the summer holidays and I was able to buy a camera+lenses and now I still have a few $$ to start. but I keep on working a lot.

I think you should ask them for money and give it back as soon as possible... they will see that you are not only taking cash from them. they will notice that you are responsible and can give the money back

Thanks for the words. Not to mention that our situations are similarly parralel, going by both our threads ;)

I've borrowed from them before, sometimes in large amounts (well, relatively large....couple hundred $$$), and always paid back, so they know I can be trusted. It's just that, if there's any way around it, I'd rather do that, just to get started being as independant as I can (while still, technically, being at the beck and call of them, financially ;)).

Cheers, though. We'll see how the next couple weeks turn out.

Have fun in Spain!

I'd go with my parents.

I borrowed from mine, my kids borrow from me, that's what we are here for.

Broke. Busted. Out of money. Empty pockets. All hat and no cattle. Indigent. Poverty-stricken. Stony. Bankrupt. Tapped out.

Oh

...Yeah. Haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back